• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthem of the Seas for Technophobes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dst87, Falkirk
    started a topic Anthem of the Seas for Technophobes

Anthem of the Seas for Technophobes

I'm normally a little critical of the CruiseDot blog content, but this article that they posted on Facebook seems spot on to me!

Those not interested in the technology can still enjoy Anthem of the Seas without being forced to stay connect 24/7 or have a robot make your drinks!

Anthem Of The Seas For Technophobes | Cruise Bulletin

Sorry if it's been posted already Admin! I missed it on here if it has!

• Garfield, Waterlooville
    replied
    Evening Fossil1
    We only did the 4 day jolly up and down the channel after yours but so enjoyable.
    Everything was top notch..apart from the weather..
    From the check in by greeters with tablets to the disembarkation this morning we've had such a great experience on board this fantastic ship.
    Regards
    Garfield

Leave a comment:

• Fossil1, London
    replied
    I loved my 8 days on it.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield, Waterlooville
    replied
    Guess where old Garfield has just been...

Fantastic ship...you'll love it Duncan

Regards
    Garfield

Leave a comment:

• Fossil1, London
    replied
    This ship is amazing in so many ways. Entertainment that is new and refreshing, gone are entertainers in their twilight years with repatoirs that match. 18 different restaurants each with their own dress code so no one is disappointed. Large cabins, 180 sq. ft. with equally large glass shower cubicles. Decent sized balconies 55 sq. ft. Quality toiletries of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser. Kettles in the cabins and a powerful hairdryer. Large cupboards over the beds giving added room to the 2 wardrobes and multiple drawers. 42 inch interactive televisions, 4 U.S. Style sockets and 2 European. The North Star, a pod that raises you 150 ft. above the deck and 440 ft. above the ocean and much, much more. This is the future, bring it on.

Leave a comment:

• Fossil1, London
    replied
    Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
    How did you enjoy the ship? Have you or do you plan to do a review at all?

Can't wait to hear all about it :D

Was the escape room up and running? This is a newly announced feature that I haven't heard much about at all, but I love escape rooms generally so it's quite an appealing idea on a ship! It might appeal to some of the reluctant cruisers as it's supposedly called 'Escape from the Future'...
    Hi Duncan,
    Yes there will be a review. PM on its way to you.

Leave a comment:

• Max, Warwickshire
    replied
    Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
    They are definitely a live feed oriented the same way as the cabin so the movement feels natural. I thought they were 1080p which would look horrible as you go anywhere near it, but I've heard elsewhere that they are 4k panels with a 4k feed so it might not look too bad. They also have sound which you can mute, and they make a point of not showing anything else on it at all so the experience is as immersive as it can be.

It's not for me, but it might be nice for those who opt for an inside cabin?
    My first thought was about the cost, as these very large 4K panels are not cheap, but I suppose in the context of a multi-million $ cruise ship, and over its lifetime, it really is peanuts/ticket to do things like this.

I admire companies that innovate, and really take my hat off to RCI because to innovate in the cruise business takes a specific type of courage.

I really hope it succeeds.

Looking forward to Fossil's review. They're always good and objective.

Leave a comment:

• dst87, Falkirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fossil1, London View Post
    Yes they do Wilba. We have just come off Anthem anf had one for the first 3 nights. They even have sound which is adjustable.
    How did you enjoy the ship? Have you or do you plan to do a review at all?

Can't wait to hear all about it :D

Was the escape room up and running? This is a newly announced feature that I haven't heard much about at all, but I love escape rooms generally so it's quite an appealing idea on a ship! It might appeal to some of the reluctant cruisers as it's supposedly called 'Escape from the Future'...

Leave a comment:

• Fossil1, London
    replied
    The one we had Bradbury, there was loads of room on both sides of the bed and at the foot of it. I tried to upload a picture to show but it failed.
    Last edited by Fossil1, London; 2nd May 2015, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    Looking through the blog, I am more concerned by the fact that the double bed is jammed right up against the wall (the image with the virtual balcony) that means clambering over if you want to get up in the night. Couldnt put up with that for a week.

Leave a comment:

• Fossil1, London
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilba View Post
    From the blog Duncan about 50% is of interest and 50% is not.

Duncan do these Virtual Balconies show the actual outside view as per a real balcony, or just a pretty picture?........Wilba
    Yes they do Wilba. We have just come off Anthem anf had one for the first 3 nights. They even have sound which is adjustable.

Leave a comment:

• B&D, Shepton Mallet
    replied
    Thanks for that, Duncan. Very interesting. The ship is too big for my taste but what a wonderful idea to have virtual balconies. Must be great for those with children. Beryl

Leave a comment:

• Lizzie, Lymington
    replied
    This ship does not appeal to me, too large and for a younger age group.

However the technology does sound very clever, especially the 'vitual balcony'.

Hope all of those sailing on her enjoy the experience.

Leave a comment:

• Lassie5, Cramlington
    replied
    We are in a balcony cabin in July but the kids (18 & 13) are in an inside and I'm just as excited about seeing the virtual balcony as I am our actual balcony. I did read somewhere that the studio inside cabins don't have the large screen but the images are displayed on the TV.
    Lorraine

Leave a comment:

• Terry, Manchester
    replied
    We have just booked on the Anthem this morning with cruisedot and completed our online check in including uploading photographs for next weeks cruise. Thanks Duncan for the information.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X