• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthem of the Seas for Technophobes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
    They are definitely a live feed oriented the same way as the cabin so the movement feels natural. I thought they were 1080p which would look horrible as you go anywhere near it, but I've heard elsewhere that they are 4k panels with a 4k feed so it might not look too bad. They also have sound which you can mute, and they make a point of not showing anything else on it at all so the experience is as immersive as it can be.

It's not for me, but it might be nice for those who opt for an inside cabin?
    My first thought was about the cost, as these very large 4K panels are not cheap, but I suppose in the context of a multi-million $ cruise ship, and over its lifetime, it really is peanuts/ticket to do things like this.

I admire companies that innovate, and really take my hat off to RCI because to innovate in the cruise business takes a specific type of courage.

I really hope it succeeds.

Looking forward to Fossil's review. They're always good and objective.

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
      How did you enjoy the ship? Have you or do you plan to do a review at all?

Can't wait to hear all about it :D

Was the escape room up and running? This is a newly announced feature that I haven't heard much about at all, but I love escape rooms generally so it's quite an appealing idea on a ship! It might appeal to some of the reluctant cruisers as it's supposedly called 'Escape from the Future'...
      Hi Duncan,
      Yes there will be a review. PM on its way to you.
      Fossil1

Comment

This ship is amazing in so many ways. Entertainment that is new and refreshing, gone are entertainers in their twilight years with repatoirs that match. 18 different restaurants each with their own dress code so no one is disappointed. Large cabins, 180 sq. ft. with equally large glass shower cubicles. Decent sized balconies 55 sq. ft. Quality toiletries of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser. Kettles in the cabins and a powerful hairdryer. Large cupboards over the beds giving added room to the 2 wardrobes and multiple drawers. 42 inch interactive televisions, 4 U.S. Style sockets and 2 European. The North Star, a pod that raises you 150 ft. above the deck and 440 ft. above the ocean and much, much more. This is the future, bring it on.
        Fossil1

Comment

Guess where old Garfield has just been...

Fantastic ship...you'll love it Duncan

Regards
          Garfield

Comment

I loved my 8 days on it.
            Fossil1

Comment

Evening Fossil1
              We only did the 4 day jolly up and down the channel after yours but so enjoyable.
              Everything was top notch..apart from the weather..
              From the check in by greeters with tablets to the disembarkation this morning we've had such a great experience on board this fantastic ship.
              Regards
              Garfield

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X