• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RCI's Dynamic Dining : Mass Dissatisfaction, Feeble Solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCI's Dynamic Dining : Mass Dissatisfaction, Feeble Solutions

Hi All

I have picked up this article via another cruise forum.

Interesting comments.

I wonder if anything will change on the Anthem of the Seas.

Royal Caribbean's Dyamic Dining: Mass dissatisfaction, feeble solutions - New York Travel | Examiner.com

Annie

Perhaps RCI are challenging that old adage that" the customer comes first ",and" the customer is always right"

Some one at RCI needs to stop digging, customers are not happy queuing to get on the ship what makes them feel we want to queue to eat our meals....Taffy
    ​Taffy

Comment

'Dynamic Dining' is just a copy of NCL's 'Freestyle' system.

Freestyle is not perfect, it has both it's advantages and disadvantages. However NCL have been perfecting it for several decades.

(His title spells Dynamic wrong!)
      Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 24th January 2015, 01:07 PM.
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
        'Dynamic Dining' is just a copy of NCL's 'Fresstyle' system.

Freestyle is not perfect, it has both it's advantages and disadvantages. However NCL have been perfecting it for several decades.

You spell Freestyle wrong no ones perfect...Taffy
        ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
          You spell Freestyle wrong no ones perfect...Taffy
          I know Taffy - I though I had changed it before anyone saw!

This news below, may suggest issues:

Royal Caribbean has delayed the introduction of Dynamic Dining to its two largest cruise ships, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas.

There’s no new date when Dynamic Dining will be activated, but Royal Caribbean did indicate it will occur “later this year”.

In the meantime, both ships will continue to serve traditional dining experiences in the early and late dining seating.
          Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 24th January 2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

'Dynamic Dining' is just a copy of NCL's 'Fresstyle' system.

I am no traditionalist BUT I don't want to pre-book my restaurants before I board either. I note that one of the extra-charge dining venues has been switched to a MDR venue.

Annie

Comment

Princess has the best system 3 fixed seating times the rest flexible.

No one can make flexible dining work when everyone wants to eat at the same time.

The other mistake lines make when they start is not enough staff, flexible dining needs more waiters til you get the timing problem sorted.

Comment

'Dynamic Dining' is just a copy of NCL's 'Freestyle' system.

It was not the only mistake in the item but I fear that I might get taken to task if I complain about spelling and punctuation too severely. ........ Niel .

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                  It was not the only mistake in the item but I fear that I might get taken to task if I complain about spelling and punctuation too severely. ........ Niel .

Correct

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                    I note that one of the extra-charge dining venues has been switched to a MDR venue.
                    which one, Annie?

Comment

which one, Annie?
                      It is apparently called "Devinly Decadence". Whether the misspelling is Royal Caribbean's or from the article or is a deliberate 'marketing gimmick' - I wouldn't like to say...
                      If you can read this - thank a teacher
                      If you are reading this in English - thank a soldier

Comment

which one, Annie?
                        Steve is correct. That option was the low calorie option.

Also RCI are going to increase the number of dining room staff.

Maybe, not everyone is a fan of extra charge restaurants ?

Annie

Comment

I know Taffy - I though I had changed it before anyone saw!

This news below, may suggest issues:

Royal Caribbean has delayed the introduction of Dynamic Dining to its two largest cruise ships, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas.

There’s no new date when Dynamic Dining will be activated, but Royal Caribbean did indicate it will occur “later this year”.

In the meantime, both ships will continue to serve traditional dining experiences in the early and late dining seating.
                          Most of the ships we have recently sailed on have had both a flexible and a fixed dining time option ,which worked out well in most cases .
                          But As Topdeck points out if fails when everyone want's to eat at the same time,or they want tables for 2?
                          Sticking with a choice of dining options seems a good idea IMO ,I would not like to go back to fixed dining time ,but I have no wish to keep having to book a table either.
                          I just wonder if this Dynamic dining was an accountants Idea to cut cost's...Taffy
                          ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                            Most of the ships we have recently sailed on have had both a flexible and a fixed dining time option ,which worked out well in most cases .
                            But As Topdeck points out if fails when everyone want's to eat at the same time,or they want tables for 2?
                            Sticking with a choice of dining options seems a good idea IMO ,I would not like to go back to fixed dining time ,but I have no wish to keep having to book a table either.
                            I just wonder if this Dynamic dining was an accountants Idea to cut cost's...Taffy
                            100% correct Taffy and it has backfired. The hotel director of Quantum has admitted they will have to increase the size of the dining room staff. I wonder how the Chinese will view Dyna mic Dining.

Annie

Comment

If they had asked someone at NCL they would have told them they need more staff.

Flexible dining does not save money it is what passengers(the onnes RCI is trying to get on board) want.

Early dining is the norm in the US and even on fixed dining assigned tables ships passengers queue to get into the dining room.

Also a lot of cruise pax are not that smart, they find a queue at 7:30 and just keep turning up at 7:30 every day and queue again rather than adjust their eating time a bit

If you are happy to eat 8pm or later you don't get problems.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X