• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Announcement - Quantum of the Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    For those of us who take part in a lot of the activities around the ship, like football, cricket, table tennis, swimming, etc. the wristband will be a much better idea. It is always a pain trying to find places to tuck the card away safely. The sports arena usually being up on the top and my card safely with the OH by the pool, so I can't get a drink.
    Even more so on a ship like this with a lot more physical activities

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2) View Post
      I don't think anyone will be forced to wear wristbands, the Sea Pass will be available for those that prefer, but it will be useful to have it while swimming for example, or for kids.... it won't get lost as easily.

      https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...e/bands-cards/
      Here is the Disney version.
      IMO that is more discreet than the proposed RCI version. Now if they were to issue the ladies version in the form of a tennis bracelet, I may be persuaded

      Initially RCI will issue sea passes but over time......... it is a slippery slope.


      Annie

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
        That is the best remark posted so far.... Full Marks

        I also think that they could have gone a stage further and made it an ankle bracelet; if we are going to be treated like chavs then for goodness sake.... go the whole hog. ....Neil
        I know have visions of you and ida with your legs in the air up at the till to pay for your shop purchases.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
          IMO that is more discreet than the proposed RCI version. Now if they were to issue the ladies version in the form of a tennis bracelet, I may be persuaded

          Initially RCI will issue sea passes but over time......... it is a slippery slope.


          Annie
          The only ones I would remotely consider wearing would have to be covered in diamantie Bling. I am sure Maggie Mou could come up with an idea

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
            The only ones I would remotely consider wearing would have to be covered in diamantie Bling. I am sure Maggie Mou could come up with an idea
            I was reading cc and the folks say these 'magic bands' would be available for a nominal fee. So we would pay to be tagged

            I wonder if it would appear on any monitor, if applicable, that the band wearer had opted out of gratuities??

            Annie

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
              I know have visions of you and ida with your legs in the air up at the till to pay for your shop purchases.
              And you believe that that would be a first?

              We are known throughout the fleet for doing it and in the Casino too......Neil

              Comment


                #67
                -Neil's suggestion about anklet bracelets certainly puts a new slant on the old saying-"show a leg!"

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                  I was reading cc and the folks say these 'magic bands' would be available for a nominal fee. So we would pay to be tagged

                  I wonder if it would appear on any monitor, if applicable, that the band wearer had opted out of gratuities??

                  Annie
                  My original post was, I fear, a little too flippant.

                  What we have here is the new type of "cruise" ship: I think that it is aimed at a different market to fit alongside the ubiquitous one where certain age groups, certain set thinking patterns and formal nights are de rigueur.

                  There is a strong possibility for this type of vessel to be the actual destination, a cross between Thorpe Park, Miami, Las Vegas and Longleat. Everything is there to encourage you to stay onboard and spend your dollar with them as opposed to the hard work of fighting your way ashore, putting up with foreign languages and customs and wondering if it was worth the expense.

                  It will obviously not be everyone's cup of tea but there are many who currently go to sea and who will enjoy this new experience and more to the point there are millions more who will be attracted to this new style and endeavour.

                  We have prices, styles, variations and distinctive cruise ships out there which will attract all manner of differing passengers and this is another spoke in the ever growing wheel that is cruising.......Neil

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                    My original post was, I fear, a little too flippant.

                    What we have here is the new type of "cruise" ship: I think that it is aimed at a different market to fit alongside the ubiquitous one where certain age groups, certain set thinking patterns and formal nights are de rigueur.

                    There is a strong possibility for this type of vessel to be the actual destination, a cross between Thorpe Park, Miami, Las Vegas and Longleat. Everything is there to encourage you to stay onboard and spend your dollar with them as opposed to the hard work of fighting your way ashore, putting up with foreign languages and customs and wondering if it was worth the expense.

                    It will obviously not be everyone's cup of tea but there are many who currently go to sea and who will enjoy this new experience and more to the point there are millions more who will be attracted to this new style and endeavour.

                    We have prices, styles, variations and distinctive cruise ships out there which will attract all manner of differing passengers and this is another spoke in the ever growing wheel that is cruising.......Neil
                    Hi Neil

                    Hope for me yet.

                    My ideal - a cruise ship say 2000 passengers max serving only breakfast and sailing during the night with longer port days. No dress code - well if you can have dinner ashore - no need for a dress code

                    Well a girl can dream. I know the bean counters would hate it but just think of all the staff they would not need.

                    Annie

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                      My original post was, I fear, a little too flippant.

                      What we have here is the new type of "cruise" ship: I think that it is aimed at a different market to fit alongside the ubiquitous one where certain age groups, certain set thinking patterns and formal nights are de rigueur.

                      There is a strong possibility for this type of vessel to be the actual destination, a cross between Thorpe Park, Miami, Las Vegas and Longleat. Everything is there to encourage you to stay onboard and spend your dollar with them as opposed to the hard work of fighting your way ashore, putting up with foreign languages and customs and wondering if it was worth the expense.

                      It will obviously not be everyone's cup of tea but there are many who currently go to sea and who will enjoy this new experience and more to the point there are millions more who will be attracted to this new style and endeavour.

                      We have prices, styles, variations and distinctive cruise ships out there which will attract all manner of differing passengers and this is another spoke in the ever growing wheel that is cruising.......Neil
                      Much along the lines of my thoughts, in that why even bother stopping at any ports. There will be so much to do and see on board there will be no need to go ashore.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                        Hi Neil

                        Hope for me yet.

                        My ideal - a cruise ship say 2000 passengers max serving only breakfast and sailing during the night with longer port days. No dress code - well if you can have dinner ashore - no need for a dress code

                        Well a girl can dream. I know the bean counters would hate it but just think of all the staff they would not need.

                        Annie
                        A moving Bed n Breakfast- Interesting thought.
                        Last edited by Bradbury, Coventry; 26th August 2014, 08:37 PM.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                          A moving Bed n Breakfast- Interesting thought.
                          I know it will probably never happen.

                          I think another trend may be, and we see it already across the pond, cruises will have a max length of 10 days?? except RTW or repos.

                          However the possible flaw in the ointment may be they have to find lots of new passengers. I regards a cruise length of 7 days as a mini cruise.

                          Annie

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                            Much along the lines of my thoughts, in that why even bother stopping at any ports. There will be so much to do and see on board there will be no need to go ashore.
                            Why move at all in those circumstances. .the ubiquitous "cruise to nowhere"
                            Regards
                            Garfield

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                              Why move at all in those circumstances. .the ubiquitous "cruise to nowhere"
                              Regards
                              Garfield
                              Hi Garfie

                              I am with you

                              I just don't get it - but hey what do I know?? On my last cruise, I boarded in Cape Town and disembarked in Rome.

                              However with changing employment patterns, i.e. more people self-employed I think 7 day cruises to nowhere could become a standard offering.

                              Annie

                              Comment


                                #75
                                I couls see myself enjoying a cruise to nowhere, love the sea days on a transatlantic, so could quite easily cruise halfway across and the come back

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X