• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Announcement - Quantum of the Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it and the kids already want to go on it.
    I like the idea of the virtual window, just a larger version of the TV, which I always leave on the webcam image.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post
      I like it and the kids already want to go on it.
      I like the idea of the virtual window, just a larger version of the TV, which I always leave on the webcam image.
      A summary from the Cruisemates forum:

Quantum: Worlds First Smart Ship

Annie

Comment

I like the special effects of the 270 room, but the Pod that goes out over the sea, the weightless compartment ( not sure of its name)-
        nah, just 5 minute wonders, I think.

Comment

Odd that they would have had to discount the trans-atlantic voyage already. You can get onboard for $699 plus tax.
          http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/R...ales_event.pdf on page 7...

Comment

10 minutes from shoreside to cabin.

So they are managing to do away with the 45 minute queue for security - don't think so!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry, Hastings View Post
              10 minutes from shoreside to cabin.

So they are managing to do away with the 45 minute queue for security - don't think so!!
              I have never had a 45 minute queue for security anywhere.

It is all this electronic tagging of the guests - must help.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                I have never had a 45 minute queue for security anywhere.

It is all this electronic tagging of the guests - must help.

Annie
                I have. Southampton only a few months ago.............Wilba
                Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                  I have. Southampton only a few months ago.............Wilba
                  Guess which port I have never used??

Annie

Comment

I may have missed the odd minute or two of the video but after it finished I caught a glimpse of a sort of wristband that looked like an electronic device was used for scanning. Please please dont tell me thats the new version of the Cruise Card.

If that is the case then no way would I want to wear it with my evening gown

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
                      I may have missed the odd minute or two of the video but after it finished I caught a glimpse of a sort of wristband that looked like an electronic device was used for scanning. Please please dont tell me thats the new version of the Cruise Card.

Here you go.

Just like we get in Magaluf..............This new bracelet is a customized RFID (radio frequency identification) band (made of rubber, but more than a "rubber band") that contains smart electronics inside to keep you permanently connected to the ship's network and Internet. The bracelet will essentially replace the magnetic ID key cards most ships use to manage room access, dining and tour reservations and onboard purchases during the cruise. But unlike those magnetic key cards, these rubber protected bracelets will never demagnetize.
                      Wilba

Comment

I'm fairly certain that if I was wearing an evening gown no one would notice the bracelet

Comment

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post

Yes but apparently you will still be able to obtain a seapass card.

Apparently the system is used very effectively in WDW Florida. A band for 1 day in a theme park - maybe but on a cruise?? not for me. The only time I have ever been tagged was when I was admitted for surgery - I concede it may be a generational thing.

The announcement yesterday with a separate announcement whereby new apps for smart phones will enable shopkeepers to bombard you with offers as you say walk down Bond Street - I don't like. Big Brother??

I have suggested a new strap line for a cruise line - we don't tag you.

Annie

Comment

If we are all condemned to wristbands a' la 70's Magaluff and Benidorm, I think they should adopt a new dress code to fit the scenario.

Shaved heads, a tattoo up the side of the neck and a string vest.

........and that's just for the women .........Wilba
                            Wilba

Comment

I don't think anyone will be forced to wear wristbands, the Sea Pass will be available for those that prefer, but it will be useful to have it while swimming for example, or for kids.... it won't get lost as easily.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...e/bands-cards/
                              Here is the Disney version.
                              Last edited by Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2); 26th August 2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post
                                I'm fairly certain that if I was wearing an evening gown no one would notice the bracelet
                                That is the best remark posted so far.... Full Marks

I also think that they could have gone a stage further and made it an ankle bracelet; if we are going to be treated like chavs then for goodness sake.... go the whole hog. ....Neil

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X