• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quantum Dining

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm, Essex
    started a topic Quantum Dining

Quantum Dining

The dining arrangements for 'Quantum' and 'Anthem' have been a secret so far, even though you can book both ships. However I believe they are being revealed tomorrow.

Internet rumour suggests that Royal Caribbean have finally abandoned the on-big main dining room concept and are moving towards an NCL type 'freestyle' system with multiple dining rooms.

Another strong rumour is that Anthem will have a Jamie Oliver Italian alternative restaurant on-board.

(No facts at the moment, just rumours)

• Cruise Fairy, Indiana USA (2)
    replied
    Here is a video of the new system. Reservations can be made ahead of the cruise or at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM2-JyJ8E3o

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
    Sounds to me like it could be a free for all,once you are on the ship there could be queue,s forming on a nightly/daily basis of passengers wanting to book dining times/change or book different venues.
    It generally works fairly well on NCL ships, including Epic, Breakaway and Getaway.

However it's NOT perfect.

There's a piece on my blog about RC's new 'Dynamic Dining':

Quantum: ‘Dynamic Dining’ with Multiple Dining Rooms | Malcolm Oliver's Cruiseblog
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 26th March 2014, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by delandmo, Sutton, Surrey. View Post
    My wife and I have already booked for the Anthem for May 2015 and have always enjoyed our experiences in the MDR, mainly on I.O.T.S. Met many nice people at the tables and would meet up with them later in the evening...
    It is looking like Quantum and Anthem are about to turn into NCL ships! I suppose we had best wait for the official details later today.

RC still has 21 ships with one big Main Dining rooms, including Oasis and Allure.

Personally I would not book a ship until I new exactly what was on offer. I bet there will be hundreds of cabins still available into next year.

Leave a comment:

• delandmo, Sutton, Surrey.
    replied
    My exact thoughts Jan. My wife and I have already booked for the Anthem for May 2015 and have always enjoyed our experiences in the MDR, mainly on I.O.T.S. Met many nice people at the tables and would meet up with them later in the evening at the theatre or in Olive or Twist bar. Even been ashore with some couples to see the sights. I too fear there will be queues everywhere or a very overcrowded Windjammer! If I cannot book a similar dining experience, with the occasional formal evening,at no extra cost, then that maybe the last time I book with RCI out of Southampton. After our May cruise we will have attained Diamond Class so have been loyal and feel very sad about their possible intentions.

Leave a comment:

• jan lowden, sunderland (2)
    replied
    Sounds to me like it could be a free for all,once you are on the ship there could be queue,s forming on a nightly/daily basis of passengers wanting to book dining times/change or book different venues. What if you meet people and want a table for,say- 6 instead of 4? And multiply this by a couple of hundred couples? Sounds like a recipe for bedlam (excuse the pun)! Jan.

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
    Thanks.

"No required formal nights" - Hmmm that will upset some.
    It won't upset me, because I'm not going! Jamie Oliver cooking Italian wouldn't attract me either. Judith

Leave a comment:

replied
    Yes, I'm waiting to see what that's about - some people think there is going to be one DR or one area for those who still want to go formal (?) and all the others will be smart casual...

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    Thanks.

"No required formal nights" - Hmmm that will upset some.

Leave a comment:

replied
    They have already been revealed, see the link I posted earlier - it's called 'Dynamic Dining'

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014674

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X