• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014: UK to get 3 Royal Caribbean Ships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014: UK to get 3 Royal Caribbean Ships

Royal Caribbean will locate three ships to UK in 2014 - Independence of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas. Booking open on March 20, 2013.

Both Independence of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas will sail out of the Southampton for their second consecutive seasons from May 2014 until late October 2014. Brilliance of the Seas will return to her home port of Harwich after a debut season in summer 2013.

Royal Caribbean Associate Vice President and General Manager for the UK and Ireland, Jo Rzymowska, commented on the news, "We are delighted to announce our 2014 sailings from Southampton and Harwich on our newly revitalized ships.

Independence of the Seas will feature a range of itineraries in 2014, including shorter sailings such as a three-night and four-night cruise to Le Havre for Paris, and Zeebrugge for Bruges. Independence of the Seas will also showcase a six night cruise to France and Spain, an eight-night cruise to Norway, various 14-night Mediterranean cruises, plus 11 and 12-night Canary Islands cruises.

From May 2014, Adventure of the Seas from Southampton will return to a series of seven to 16 night cruises around the Mediterranean and Northern Europe, plus shorter sailings, including a four-night trip to Belgium and France.
    Brilliance of the Seas, sailing from Harwich, will visit Northern Europe on 12-night Norwegian Fjords and Iceland cruises and the Baltic Sea on 12-night Scandinavia & Russia cruises.

(Source: RCI)
    See my cruise blog: HERE

I wonder if anything doing an all year round sailings is on the cards?

Comment

They need to do a canaries cruise in the summer.
      If to keep custom of those who have already done the Italian and Spanish cruises.
      Or maybe round to Venice or Croatia etc.

Comment

Originally posted by A Vast Behind, THATCHAM-SUR-MER View Post
        I wonder if anything doing an all year round sailings is on the cards?
        Apparently they a hard time filling the ship when they did it last time, but filling a smaller ship through the winter they may stand a chance.
        Good news though more choice for us passengers....Taffy
        ​Taffy

Comment

These are basicly the same as 2013

They have fly cruises doing the eastern med 2 ships from Venice and others doing it from other ports

14 nights is not long enough from the UK too many sea days to port days
          Unlikely to happen longer trips don't sell to the target market.

Canaries is a winter sun destination not sure the point in the summer.

Comment

Its going to be interesting what the Brits think of Adventure of the Seas this summer, this ship was due for refit this year, but they have left it till next year..If its peoples first trip, the ship still ahs a wow factor but the cabins are so dated...I wouldn't go back on this ship untill its been refited

Comment

I'm on Adventure of the Seas in November - it's a repositioning cruise from Southampton to San Juan. I aim not to spend too much time in the cabin!
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, Swinton View Post
                Its going to be interesting what the Brits think of Adventure of the Seas this summer...
                Sometimes the older/well-worn ships are sent to the UK by American lines, keeping the newer ones in the Caribbean.

I cruised 'Explorer of the Seas' a few years ago in the Caribbean, about a week before refit - the cabins were FAR TOO WORN to be acceptable in my opinion, for a non-budget product. The refit was at least six months overdue, if not a year!
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
                  I'm on Adventure of the Seas in November - it's a repositioning cruise from Southampton to San Juan. I aim not to spend too much time in the cabin!
                  I was on it last year on the repositioning cruise, I really hope you have a good time and this ship survives the winter in San Juan and the Summer over here....I hope they dont do any refitting like they did when we was on it and Cafe prom closed..

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X