• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soft drinks/water package - worth doing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft drinks/water package - worth doing?

Hi all,

I just had a couple of questions as I'm looking to purchase beverages packages ahead of our cruise in September..

My fiance and I are going, and I wondered if it's worth while purchasing a soft drinks/water package beforehand? I did go on a cruise a few years ago but can't recall what I did then - surely water would be freely available and I could refill bottles as I go?

Also, if we were to purchase a soda package, would one between two suffice or is it necessary to get one each? I'm thinking we could share (which if I'm honest is what we do with a bottle of Pepsi while out and about anyway!)

Thanks for any advice!

Plain water is usually available, although I think the filling of bottles is discouraged.

I bought the soda package on my 2 RCI cruises, and found it worthwhile. My understanding is that you wouldn't be able to buy the package for just one person in the cabin, you'd have to pay for both.
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

It is of course dependant on the price of the beverages, the cost of the package and how much you drink.

Tea, Cofee, chilled water and sometimes a juice (Orange?) if normally free in the buffet. You can drink the tap water, it's perfectly safe, but may not taste great? There may be a water fountain somewhere onboard, I’m not sure?

You are not supposed to share a beverage package.

Soda packages often only cover 'soda fountain' drinks, which I do not think taste as good a the tinned or bottled type. There may be other options?
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Water on a ship is perfectly safe and you can refill at the buffet.
        As to soda's you can alway order packages of six into your cabin by room service and some cruise lines give you a free one when you order six.
        Some cruise lines will sell you a soda card that you can use for purchasing sodas during the day , they normally punch a hole to its usage or some are unlimited. In our experience we have not come across you must buy for all in the cabin
        sigpicRob
        Next Cruise:> QM2 2016 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Comment

You definitely don't all have to have the package. I usually buy one and my husband doesn't. Just wonder what the price is at present. It used to be if you had more than 4 or 5 drinks a day it was worth it. It included coke, lemonade, ginger ale, soda water and tonic water. The soda cans from room service were the mini size ones. They only hold a couple of mouthfuls.

Comment

Originally posted by RobBar, Canada View Post
            Water on a ship is perfectly safe and you can refill at the buffet.
            As to soda's you can alway order packages of six into your cabin by room service and some cruise lines give you a free one when you order six.
            Some cruise lines will sell you a soda card that you can use for purchasing sodas during the day , they normally punch a hole to its usage or some are unlimited. In our experience we have not come across you must buy for all in the cabin
            Oooooooo No! Not on P&O you can't. They frown on it (the refilling of personal water bottles), severely. The last cruise which we did in January on Azura, was at a high Norovirus state of alert and they mentioned that this should not be done...EVER!

Comment

Use a glass at the buffet station to fill with water, and then poor into your water bottle.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X