• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight hotel stay.... Good idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight hotel stay.... Good idea?

Can anyone tell me how far from RCI terminal is the Holiday inn as we are planning to stay overnight and use their secure parking facilities.

When we've stayed at the Holiday Inn, either Celebrity Eclipse or Indy were moored right outside the hotel. We have rolled our suitcases the 100 or so yards from the hotel to the dock with no problems; we usually self-disembark, so have rolled them back to the car park and been out of Southampton before the town awoke!
    The car park isn't particularily secure- or wasn't last year; I'm sure there'll be CCTV, but it's just an open hotel car park. It doesn't worry us as our car lives in a car park all year.
    Jo.
    Jo.

Comment

Thank you so much. Parking there seems a good idea.

Comment

I have found over the years that using hotels the night before holidays is the best and most convenient way of parking the car for the duration

Comment

Yes, we use the Hilton and coach transfer which works well apart from you need to check the coach driver takes all your luggage off the coach, as a vital piece of ours was left on the coach. Waiting for me on return with adequate cash compensation!! Cunard's desk/burser worked well on this.

Comment

We are staying at Chilworth Manor who have secure parking and supply a Taxi each way to the terminal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X