• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does RCI's new drinking age begin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does RCI's new drinking age begin?

I've been asked about the change to the drinking age in RCI, which is supposed to alter to 18 years this spring, when the ship sails from any country where the adult age is 18 years. Does anyone know if this is to be April- or even before?
    I wonder whether Celebrity will follow the same policy, as it did with the removal of the 15%, and the addition of kettles, when sailing from Southampton. People on my roll call are quite interested in this.
    RCI does seem to be the listening cruise line for different countries, even removing (or adding in the price) the gratuities in Australia.
    Jo.
    Jo.

What is the new policy? They already allow over 18's to drink on European cruises....

Comment

Hi, CF....I still want to meet you on a cruise!
      RCI used to allow it with a signature of a guardian, in Europe. Seeing as how an adult cannot have a guardian, they're dropping that bit, and have announced that the drinking age will be that of the country where they're sailing from, so Europe, Australia etc, will allow any adult to drink without a paper from anyone else. They announced this before Christmas, and said it would start in the spring. Perhaps I should just say that spring starts on March 21st?
      Hope you've some good cruises booked- we're trying Celebrity this spring-
      Jo.
      Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X