• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinks prices on Independence of the Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinks prices on Independence of the Seas

Just seen that the package prices have increased. Due to sail at the end of February and wondered if anyone has been recently and can update me on drink prices to see if the packages are worth the outlay.

I would like average prices for the following:

Pint of beer
    Glass of house wine
    Gin and tonic

we have just returned (today!) from our first RCI cruise on IOTS. The drinks packages & prices changed as from 10th January 2012 (our embarkation date) There are now 2 packages available - the beer & wine package is $45 per person per day and the beer,wine & "certain branded" spirits package is $55 per person per day. All occupants of the cabin must take a package (unless they are under 21 - legal age for drinking) we understand that there are restrictions regarding the brands of beer and spirits available and we understand only house wine is included.
    A pint of stella was around $6.95 and I'm sure a gin & tonic was less quite a bit less than a glass of house wine.
    House wine, red or white was $7 a glass. Our bar waiter advised us that it would be cheaper to buy a bottle as 5 glasses would be $35 and the whole bottle only $26 - this option worked very well for us as we were able to take the bottle from bar to bar and to the restaurant. we had a bottle each night.
    There was also a wine package which from memory was $210 for 7 bottles - I think you could get a similar package for 5 bottles or 12 bottles.
    we understood that 15% service charge would be added on top of these prices but this does not appear of our bill so we will need to check the exact amount taken by RCI on our credit card.
    we did consider the drinks package but decided against it as we would have spent the majority of our holiday drinking just to get our monies worth instead of enjoying the wonderful ship!
    we will definately be cruising with RCI again!
    Hope this helps & enjoy your cruise!

Comment

have just checked out the new packages and see that both of them just have house wine by the glass, can anyone confirm what type of selection this covers?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish Cruiser View Post
        have just checked out the new packages and see that both of them just have house wine by the glass, can anyone confirm what type of selection this covers?

Thanks
        just trying to think of an alternative to the drinks package and may just order a wine package instead. Are there any promotions on the IOTS ie happy hour/BOGOF in certain bars/drink of the day?

Thanks

Comment

I returned from the 10 Jan sailing, we opted for the beer package. This includes a massive range of beers (draught and bottled) and house wines, red - white & rose. The red & white was La Terre and the rose was Beringer. Which were all very nice in my opionion.

the red & white wine is $7 a glass, the rose is $8 a glass. A beer ranges between $5 - $7. The package also includes Smirnoff Ice and Strongbow (bottles) and any soda which is $2.50 a can.

You would have to prob drink around 7 alcoholic drinks a day.

The drink of the day is $6.75 (i think, $6 something anyway) and that is a cocktail and you get to keep the glass.

Any more questions just ask me !! :o)

Comment

RCI has said that the drinking age will be 18 years for cruises leaving countries where this is the legal age- without documentation required. RCI will still ban drinking on cruises from N. America, for those under 21.
            Jo.
            Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X