• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
    Teenagers.....
    Originally posted by dazzer68, braunton View Post
    Old people?
    Doh! - I never thought about them.

I have seen an old guy wear his slippers on a formal night. (I guess his feet were playing up a bit that night.

But are you saying that RCI do not allow trainers in the MDR? I've never sailed with them and maybe, just maybe - the 'trainer' question may sway me one way or the other.

cheers
    Harvey

Comment

One evening on Ventura hubby and I started our long walk down the corridor in our formal dress when I happened to look down and I still had my white slippers from the cabin on. Did cause a good laugh but easy mistake. It probably was the most comfortable my feet were the whole cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey, Bristol upon Cream View Post
        Doh! - I never thought about them.

I have seen an old guy wear his slippers on a formal night. (I guess his feet were playing up a bit that night.

But are you saying that RCI do not allow trainers in the MDR? I've never sailed with them and maybe, just maybe - the 'trainer' question may sway me one way or the other.

cheers
        Harvey
        RCI used to have a very strict no trainers policy in the MDR. My teenage sons did used to get away with wearing them on the casual nights (trendy expensive brown or black trainers). However I think they have relaxed the rules so much more now.

But I am pleased to inform you that I do not own a pair myself.

Comment

I keep a comfortable pair of soft leather low-heeled mules for wearing around the ship. That way if you've done a lot of walking during the day you know you will have something you can slip on for the evening to ease your tired feet.
          Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Comment

ok this is a daft Q - what are kitten heels?

Comment

Originally posted by tomvet, limerick, roi View Post
              ok this is a daft Q - what are kitten heels?
              They are like a stiletto but only 1 - 1 1/2 " high

Comment

I take loads of shoes normally, sailing from UK. It was a problem deciding which to take when flying and the weight of the shoes was a consideration. I finally selected a pair of trainers, two pairs of sandals (in case one rubbed a blister or two!), and my favourite pewter evening shoes which seem to go well with everything! The cases were actually a couple of kilos under weight, so I can probably take more shoes next time. Judith

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X