• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, alot of luggage!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, alot of luggage!

How much is too much?? Theres two of us going for 12 nights from southampton, we have 3 suitcases and a suit carrier! Is that alot? I know its unlimited, but you need so much, suits, formal, casual, shoes to go with all occasions, casual clothes, leaving southampton so winter clothes, then spring clothes for the rest. Is that alot for two pople? We dont want to turn up looking like a couple of celebrity divas lol

Hi!

Is it heckers like!!!
    My OH made me cut down from our usual 5 + 2 pull ons and 2 holdalls on our last one.
    So had to make do with 4 + 1 pull on and 2 holdalls. Got to let him have his way sometimes
    However we were amazed to see several self disembark with just a pull on each.
    However they managed 16 nights I just dont know??? I plan for all eventualities
    sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by dazzer68, braunton View Post
      How much is too much?? Theres two of us going for 12 nights from southampton, we have 3 suitcases and a suit carrier! Is that alot? I know its unlimited, but you need so much, suits, formal, casual, shoes to go with all occasions, casual clothes, leaving southampton so winter clothes, then spring clothes for the rest. Is that alot for two pople? We dont want to turn up looking like a couple of celebrity divas lol
      I know somebody who regularly sails from Southampton and they take 11 cases for the two of them.
      There is only two us and on our last cruise we took 4 cases, plus two carry on small cases, when we were disembarking we followed somebody through the customs area, who had a trolley, stacked sky high with cases.
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
        I know somebody who regularly sails from Southampton and they take 11 cases for the two of them.
        There is only two us and on our last cruise we took 4 cases, plus two carry on small cases, when we were disembarking we followed somebody through the customs area, who had a trolley, stacked sky high with cases.
        That sounds like my Wife & I but she has the 11 cases & I have 1 case + 1 suit carrier So 13 in all
        ]

Comment

Originally posted by dazzer68, braunton View Post
          A tad under for a short cruise Southampton return...and let's face it, does it matter if you do 'look like a couple of divas'.

Comment

Don't forget to take and empty one too in case you bring lots back with you! Thats the good thing about sailing from the UK you can buy what you like. We took the same as you last time and even managed self disembarkation. I could easily take more but restricted by husbands moaning!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
              Don't we all! One alone is for shoes - his shoes

Comment

Guys - what the hell do you have in them? Our last cruise we flew Ryanair and managed with two pieces of hand luggage and one 15kg checked bag. because its Soton - do you take all the luggage because you need it or because you can?

How do you manage fly cruises and a 23kg allowance?

Comment

I think alot of it is needed, firstly leaving southampton in january! Its going to be cold therefore lots of big jumpers etc. we arent flying to somewhere warm its going to take a couple of days to get there. Then lighter clothes once we get there, and then the return cold again.i think theres 3 formal nights, so thats suits and shoes etc. 8 different ports each with different landscapes, so thats more shoes etc. i can see why you need some many cases of stuff. Thats not including things like personnal items, cameras, mp3 players, video camera, tea coffee, ( as recommended by others here to take with us)' phew!

Comment

I manage to have 4 plus cases a suitcarrier and a holdall, that's the beauty of a Southampton sailing, my husband moans every time but hey! that extra dress or pair of shoes is there if I need it.CG
                    sigpic

Comment

we usually take two suitcases and a small flight bag if we are flying but last year we flew to Miami so took an extra carry on case with overnight clothes as we were not boarding till the next day.

we have sailed from Southampton once so we took the usual two cases, the small flight bag and an overnight case. this extra case was only because we have to stay in Southampton overnight.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                        we usually take two suitcases and a small flight bag if we are flying but last year we flew to Miami so took an extra carry on case with overnight clothes as we were not boarding till the next day.

we have sailed from Southampton once so we took the usual two cases, the small flight bag and an overnight case. this extra case was only because we have to stay in Southampton overnight.
                        very civilised Issy! No packing the kitchen sink then?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X