• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cola?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by dazzer68, braunton View Post
    Are you alowed to take a bottle of coke on board? I know you cant take alcohol, but not sure about soft drink. If i go for the soda package its over £100 for two of us, a 2 litre bottle of coke would last me a few days!
    dazzer68, the way i see it is like this, dont waste your time asking....do it! then report back on here that you DID DO IT!........

    then watch your answers.........they will come along......like old buses........in threes..........michael.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by sallyspud, Staffordshire View Post
      I have just come back from a cruise with Princess. I had a bottle of water/cola/sprite everytime I got off & on & was never questioned. It went through the scanner as I got on & that was it. I did have the smaller bottle, 600ml not a 2L though. But not once was I asked. It problably depends on the cruise line & ship though. The soda package was good. just over $4 a day for just the soda, or $7.50, I think for all sorts of added drinks including the very addictive hot chocolate, lol. You have a drinks container & a sticker on your card. So you can have your container refilled or have a glass. Lots were sharing packages, you could tell, as long as you show the card or have your container & do it one at a time they never bothered. I had my own though, hubby drinks water, coffee or alcohol, he cant stand fizzy pops, he had a coffee card, which was very good value.
      Princess are much more relaxed than Royal Caribbean, you can take a couple of bottles of wine on for your cabin, now we have recently sailed from Quebec down to Miami on the Crown and there was no problem taking on a couple of bottles in each port, they did not like wine boxes but did not take any away from anyone in the group.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by michael55, bradford View Post
        dazzer68, the way i see it is like this, dont waste your time asking....do it! then report back on here that you DID DO IT!........

        then watch your answers.........they will come along......like old buses........in threes..........michael.
        Why not book a real cruise with Royal Caribbean take a couple of bottles onboard in your luggage then report back

        Comment


          #19
          Me? I have! And
          will let you know

          Comment


            #20
            Could anyone tell me if its Coca Cola or Pepsi on Independence of the Seas?

            Comment


              #21
              All Coke products on RCCL.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by dazzer68, braunton View Post
                Are you alowed to take a bottle of coke on board? I know you cant take alcohol, but not sure about soft drink. If i go for the soda package its over £100 for two of us, a 2 litre bottle of coke would last me a few days!
                Evening dazzer68

                If you only drink about two colas a day why bother even considering; a) a soda package & b) taking a bottle of cola on board. Surely after paying a upwards of £3000 for your cruise for the two of you you can surely buy a couple of soft drinks. The latter would save you all the worry of the possibility of getting your bottle of cola seized and the embarrassment of such action. If you buy your meagre couple of colas you can enjoy them in the comfort of one of the many lounge bars or, indeed, in any part of the wonderful surroundings which the ship offers.

                So - go on - treat yourselves and splash out your two colas and enjoy then in, as I said, the wonderful surroundings of the ship.

                cheers
                Harvey

                Comment


                  #23
                  Thanks harvey, we didnt pay any where near that much for our holiday! The reason i asked was a) because both peope in the booking have to take out the drinks package and the othe half doesnt drink it and b) why pay for drinks package when you spend alot of time off the ship in port? Any way i said many posts back, royal caribbean have confirmed you can take bottles and cans on board, so its not a problem.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                    Princess are much more relaxed than Royal Caribbean, you can take a couple of bottles of wine on for your cabin, now we have recently sailed from Quebec down to Miami on the Crown and there was no problem taking on a couple of bottles in each port, they did not like wine boxes but did not take any away from anyone in the group.
                    Caribbean Princess wouldnt allow any alcohol on at any port in early December 2011. They had a desk right by the security checks where they had it off you till the end of the cruise. You were frequently reminded that no alcohol could be taken to your cabin from offshore. There was a crew member by the scanner shoving you towards the desk if you had alcohol with you.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by sallyspud, Staffordshire View Post
                      Caribbean Princess wouldnt allow any alcohol on at any port in early December 2011. They had a desk right by the security checks where they had it off you till the end of the cruise. You were frequently reminded that no alcohol could be taken to your cabin from offshore. There was a crew member by the scanner shoving you towards the desk if you had alcohol with you.
                      We sailed from Quebec to Miami on the Crown Princess sailed 14th October no problem with wine

                      Have a look on cruise critic at the roll call thread for the Crown and you will see that a lot of passengers take on wine. Spirits are another thing all together. They do ask that passengers don't carry on wine boxes but they don't stop you

                      Royal Carribean do not allow wine or spirit.

                      From the Princess terms and conditions:-

                      We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption.

                      So as you can see no rules where broken, always read the little print

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                        We sailed from Quebec to Miami on the Crown Princess sailed 14th October no problem with wine

                        Have a look on cruise critic at the roll call thread for the Crown and you will see that a lot of passengers take on wine. Spirits are another thing all together. They do ask that passengers don't carry on wine boxes but they don't stop you

                        Royal Carribean do not allow wine or spirit.

                        From the Princess terms and conditions:-

                        We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption.

                        So as you can see no rules where broken, always read the little print
                        It didnt bother me, I do not drink. I think each ship do their own thing. I sailed on Grand Princess too & that was exactly the same. I think they do what they want, maybe ours though was more strict as it was the run up to Christmas. We docked next to another ship & watched 3 passengers be escorted back by port officials to their ship & carried on board, they were totally plastered & couldnt walk, lol.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Well,

                          Do you really drink this stuff??

                          Click on this link:

                          How to Clean a Toilet With Coke (with pictures)

                          Also, sadly true! We keep it in for those that have an addiction for it. Now non-existent. So I have used a can down the Loo! I agree it sparkles, well it was clean to start with, but it does add a certain gleam!
                          Lizzie sigpic

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Hi Lizzie , it's also good for cleaning coins. CG
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by sallyspud, Staffordshire View Post
                              It didnt bother me, I do not drink. I think each ship do their own thing. I sailed on Grand Princess too & that was exactly the same. I think they do what they want, maybe ours though was more strict as it was the run up to Christmas. We docked next to another ship & watched 3 passengers be escorted back by port officials to their ship & carried on board, they were totally plastered & couldnt walk, lol.
                              Both the Golden & the Grand allow you to take a couple of bottles of wine onboard without any problem, as I said it is spirits they worry about. Passengers get tanked up then go to the bar just as some do ashore before an evening out then the bar staff have no idea how much you have drunk next thing is trouble kicks off.
                              Most wine drinkers just get quietly sloshed in the corner

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X