• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cola?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cola?

Are you alowed to take a bottle of coke on board? I know you cant take alcohol, but not sure about soft drink. If i go for the soda package its over £100 for two of us, a 2 litre bottle of coke would last me a few days!

Your own bottle of pop ? I don't see how they could stop you, as long as you don't pour it in a glass in the bar..

Comment

From the RCI Website:

Guests are not allowed to bring either alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soft drinks bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consume, supply alcohol to people aged under 21, demonstrate irresponsible behaviour or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and/or luggage check points or at any other time) may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.
      Wilba

Comment

Thanks, i saw that on the website, but its not very clear! Says containers may be searched (water bottles ,soda bottles etc) and will be disposed of if containing alcohol. What about just coke? Confusing one, ive asked rc on their facebook page, see wht thy say...

Comment

Originally posted by dazzer68, braunton View Post
          Thanks, i saw that on the website, but its not very clear! Says containers may be searched (water bottles ,soda bottles etc) and will be disposed of if containing alcohol. What about just coke? Confusing one, ive asked rc on their facebook page, see wht thy say...
          Guests are not allowed to bring either alcoholic or non-alcoholic

How clear does it need to be written Dazzer? The words NON ALCOHOLIC are a good clue.
          Wilba

Comment

Are you alowed to take a bottle of coke on board? I know you cant take alcohol, but not sure about soft drink. If i go for the soda package its over £100 for two of us, a 2 litre bottle of coke would last me a few days!
            No white stuff allowed

I take it you are talking Royal Caribbean, they are strict on alchol and don't like you taking flats of drinks onboard not had a problem with a bottle of coke
            You can get free drinks at the windjammer.
            How about taking a bottle of concentrate then use the tap water from your cabin it is safe to drink

Comment

Blimey wilba, youve always got an attitude.the wording on the website isnt clear at all if you read it correctly. But im not getting in to an arguement with you as i know thats what you like.It says soda drink bottle may be inspected, well why else would you take one on board, if your not allowed. It was a civil question.
              Thanks spartan for your reply.

Comment

RCI have only recently changed their policy in the last month or so. Up until then soft drinks, waters and tonic water were permissable along with most other cruise lines.

It is fairly obvious you have the gin or vodka in a pop bottle crowd to thank for their now stringent policy regarding non alcoholic drinks.........Wilba
                Wilba

Comment

Blimey wilba, youve always got an attitude.the wording on the website isnt clear at all if you read it correctly. But im not getting in to an arguement with you as i know thats what you like.It says soda drink bottle may be inspected, well why else would you take one on board, if your not allowed. It was a civil question.
                  They shake the bottle to see how the bubbles rise alcohol releases air differently to water. Clever stuff

Comment

The first line of their policy is quite clear as I see it Dazzer.

It says soda drink bottle may be inspected, well why else would you take one on board, if your not allowed. (Your Words)

You are allowed to carry a soda drink onboard as I see it and it will be held until the end of cruise.

If alchohol is present it will be confiscated full stop
                    Wilba

Comment

Just had a reply from royal caribbean. Yes you can take bottles and cans of cola on board. Just thought id pass it on.....

Comment

If i go for the soda package its over £100 for two of us, a 2 litre bottle of coke would last me a few days!
                        I bought the soda package before I went on Brilliance of the Seas. I can't remember how much I paid, but am sure that it wasn't very expensive, probably less than £4 per day. I definitely got my money's worth.
                        2018-
                        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                          They shake the bottle to see how the bubbles rise alcohol releases air differently to water. Clever stuff

Then make sure you fill it to the very top so no air in side to bubble!

Comment

Just had a reply from royal caribbean. Yes you can take bottles and cans of cola on board. Just thought id pass it on.....
                            I just would print that and have it when boarding .............................. just in case!

Comment

I have just come back from a cruise with Princess. I had a bottle of water/cola/sprite everytime I got off & on & was never questioned. It went through the scanner as I got on & that was it. I did have the smaller bottle, 600ml not a 2L though. But not once was I asked. It problably depends on the cruise line & ship though. The soda package was good. just over $4 a day for just the soda, or $7.50, I think for all sorts of added drinks including the very addictive hot chocolate, lol. You have a drinks container & a sticker on your card. So you can have your container refilled or have a glass. Lots were sharing packages, you could tell, as long as you show the card or have your container & do it one at a time they never bothered. I had my own though, hubby drinks water, coffee or alcohol, he cant stand fizzy pops, he had a coffee card, which was very good value.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X