• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stateroom help please!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stateroom help please!!!

Hi everyone!

Ok, so I need to decide which room. Has anyone stayed in any of these D1 rooms, please can you share your thoughts? We are travelling on IOTS. Many thanks

Hi there
    Decks 7, 8 & 9 cabins are at the bow, so you could experience more movement there if its choppy. The others on deck 10 are aft, again some experience movement there too. Personally I'd rather be aft than forward. Have stayed in a D2 (similar cabin) on deck eight near the aft & didn't experience much movement. Cabins near the aft have a slight overhang. Given that 1704 is on the stern it's likely to have a slightly bigger balcony. Check the RCI website & have a look at the deckplan. Hope this helps.
    Tarkah

Comment

I wouldn't choose any of those as they are either too far forward or aft...we generally go for something amidships for a smoother ride!!
      We had an E1 balcony cabin slightly smaller cabin but bigger balcony I think and there seem to be more of these midships....we were quite comfortable in that.
      The only decks I would not choose are 6 or 10 as they have public areas above or below.....7, 8, 9 have cabins above or below so should be quieter.

Comment

Thank you for your comments, as we have very slim picking as the cruise is 10 Jan (and we are only booking now) we have decided to go with one of these, (more likely 6366).......6668, 6368, 6366. Any thoughts on these rooms? I know these are above deck 5 so potential noise but i have looked at the plans and they appear to be slightly away from the dining room?

Comment

out of the cabin numbers you have quoted I would probably choose 6366 as you have...it is just over the dining room but that's better than being over a bar or theatre so shouldn't be too noisy!!
          We were on IOTS last January 8th and had an excellent cruise so hope yours is as good!! very comfortable ride over the BOB on our return in a force 10 so no worries on that score!!

Comment

Thank you, where did you go? We are cruising on the Spanish and Canaries cruise. How was your weather? I am concerned that it wont be great?

Comment

Oh we did the Italian Med and it was very good weather.....we even wore shorts in Majorca and Barcelona ...cooler in Italy but very nice....we have holidayed in Lanzarote in January before and it was warm enough for shorts and Tshirts so you should be lucky....we've also done a Canaries cruise in February and it was very warm so should be quite pleasant.....we figured if the weather was not too good at least we had a big ship to explore and plenty going on !!! I'm sure you will enjoy it....

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X