• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independence of the Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaulEFC, Pershore
    started a topic Independence of the Seas

Independence of the Seas

Can anyone please provide answers for me regarding the IOTS

What sort of electrical sockets do they have on the ship (European or American)?

Is it possible to connect a DVD player to the TV in the cabin?

• hotlady29, Kidderminster
    replied
    has both american and european plug sockets in cabin. you will find that the european plugs give you a much better power output on hairdryer, tongs etc. However, if you take both types of plug adaptors you can make your own decision. Take along your own tea and coffee, chocolate powder and a couple of mugs and you can have a drink whenever you want without having to go to one of the cafes to get a drink. PS also take your own teaspoon, they only supply plastic/wooden stirrers.

Leave a comment:

• PaulEFC, Pershore
    replied
    [QUOTE=Richard, colwyn bay;315481]
    Originally posted by PaulEFC, Pershore View Post
    From reading comments on here I thought there weren't many quiet places to sit on this ship.[/QUOT
    plenty of quiet places on this ship!! and you can plug a dvd into the back of the TV
    Many thanks for that.

Leave a comment:

• Richard, colwyn bay
    replied
    [QUOTE=PaulEFC, Pershore;315170]From reading comments on here I thought there weren't many quiet places to sit on this ship.[/QUOT
    plenty of quiet places on this ship!! and you can plug a dvd into the back of the TV

Leave a comment:

• PaulEFC, Pershore
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Oliver, Essex View Post
    That is what 'home' is for!

The ship is big enough to have a few quiets spots, so you can have a quiet night out instead!
    From reading comments on here I thought there weren't many quiet places to sit on this ship.

Leave a comment:

• Balmcake, Leeds (2)
    replied
    American sockets but they do have 220 volt socket so you wiull need a round pin converter
    Can anyone please provide answers for me regarding the IOTS

What sort of electrical sockets do they have on the ship (European or American)?

Is it possible to connect a DVD player to the TV in the cabin?

Leave a comment:

• Balmcake, Leeds (2)
    replied
    OOh I dont think you will want to have a quiet night in there is so much to do you will most likely wish that the days were longer, I found myself getting up at 6 am each morning, even though I am usual a late riser, the ship is so big and there is so much to see there just isnt enough time, we could have stayed on board for another two weeks LOL
    I was just being prepared that's all in case, on the odd occasion, we might want to have a quiet night in.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    ..on the odd occasion, we might want to have a quiet night in.
    That is what 'home' is for!

The ship is big enough to have a few quiets spots, so you can have a quiet night out instead!

Leave a comment:

• phil, essex
    replied
    I was just being prepared that's all in case, on the odd occasion, we might want to have a quiet night in.

Leave a comment:

• PaulEFC, Pershore
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm, Essex
    replied
    American.

You will not have time to watch DVD's. Go so the shows instead! (It may be difficult gaining easy access to the back of the TV?)
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 29th September 2011, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X