• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for Vision of the Seas Cruise to Holy Land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for Vision of the Seas Cruise to Holy Land

Hi all

We have booked our first ever cruise and would welcome advice from experienced cruisers about the ship, tours, drinks packages and any other tips to help us make the most of our holiday.

Thanks a lot

I have cruised on Vision OTS and have done a Holyland cruise with RCI but not on Vision.

I joined Cruise Critic specifically to contact others on the cruise who wanted to group together for private tours.

Vision is a lovely (smallish) ship with beautiful views from almost everywhere onboard. Limited dining venues, which means limited extra spend dining!

What are your ports of call and do you have any specific questions?

Happy planning/cruising
    H
    Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

Thanks for replying Helen

Everything about cruising is new to us and if you can give us any bits of information that first timers like ourselves may not know about it would be helpful.

We start off in Istanbull then Haifa, Ashdod, Ephesus, and Athens then back to Istanbul. We want do go to Jerusalem and Bethlehem while in Ashdod and I quite fancy seeing the desert and a swim in the dead sea. We have been told tours can be booked with local tour companies at the ports at a much cheaper price - but I must say I am concerned they may not get us back to the ship on time. What did you do?

We are aware alcohol packages can be purchased albeit at a high price but do we also have to pay for water and soft drinks?

I am really looking forward to dressing for dinner but should my husband take his dinner jacket or do most men just wear a dark suit?

We have pre-paid gratuities but is it expected to still tip on occasions?

Thanks a lot

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X