• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junior Suites versus Grand Suites on I ndependance of the Seas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junior Suites versus Grand Suites on I ndependance of the Seas

Hi All

Just re-booked on the IOS next July all the Grand Suites were taken as yet but hopefully we will get one in the end so I have booked a junior suite does anyone know what if any extras you get in the junior suite, mostly they start at grand level I think, for example do we get a gold key card with a JS which would entitle you to some extras ? I am really wondering whether to bother upgrading if I get chance because its mainly for the space for mums wheelchair we have gone for a suite at all! Joanne

Originally posted by gogo123, Nuneaton View Post
    Hi All

Just re-booked on the IOS next July all the Grand Suites were taken as yet but hopefully we will get one in the end so I have booked a junior suite does anyone know what if any extras you get in the junior suite, mostly they start at grand level I think, for example do we get a gold key card with a JS which would entitle you to some extras ? I am really wondering whether to bother upgrading if I get chance because its mainly for the space for mums wheelchair we have gone for a suite at all! Joanne
    THe junior suite only gives you slightly larger room & balcony.
    There are no extra priviledges. Be careful that the JS you book has a tub, as that is the only other extra you get.
    Regards
    Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan thats what I thought really from what I had read according to my invoice there is a bath tub which is good but if I get chance I think for the extra I will upgrade and have a treat lifes too short to worry about money !!!

Originally posted by gooner, dykes View Post
      THe junior suite only gives you slightly larger room & balcony.
      There are no extra priviledges. Be careful that the JS you book has a tub, as that is the only other extra you get.
      Regards
      Alan

Comment

Js usually gives you prority boarding, Suite toiletres, umbrella,bathrobe, slippers, bath, double loyalty points, that about it though....good size cabin.
        No gold key im afraid but what you have saved on the price difference could pay for the spirits drinks package.
        Good luck with the upgrade and if you see the price drop for your cabin ring Rccl up and ask for an upgrade.
        Enjoy the cruise
        j

Comment

Thank you and thanks for the info I was wondering about bathrobes! Its a difficult one really to know whether it would be worth upgrading for us we dont drink really so the concierge club though probably nice wouldnt be of much interest and the priority seating wont help as we sit at the back for the shows with the wheelchair but I really like the look and layout of the grand suites. It is also mentioned about an area around the pool being saved for suite clients grand or above - I didnt notice this while on board do you know what section or which pool and also do people get a bit strange about it you know make you feel awkward??! It may all be academic I am not sure its wise to even hope for an upgrade as we probably wont get one, I dont suppose its realistic to think somebody might cancel. Either way if we enjoy it half as much as this year it will be fabulous! Anyway thanks a lot for the tips and if you have anymore let me know, kind regards Joanne
          Originally posted by jthorn, sheffield View Post
          Js usually gives you prority boarding, Suite toiletres, umbrella,bathrobe, slippers, bath, double loyalty points, that about it though....good size cabin.
          No gold key im afraid but what you have saved on the price difference could pay for the spirits drinks package.
          Good luck with the upgrade and if you see the price drop for your cabin ring Rccl up and ask for an upgrade.
          Enjoy the cruise
          j
          Last edited by gogo123, Nuneaton; 4th September 2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I was in a Junior Suite when I sailed on Grandeur of the Seas on 23rd October 2011. We originally booked a balcony cabin, but RCI dropped the price 2 weeks before the cruise so we were given an upgrade to a JS. I would say it is closer to a Balcony stateroom with a few extras rather than a Suite. The room was nice and bright. You got a bigger balcony and extra lounge space with 2 extra chairs. The best part would be the bath tub. A nice addition. I wouldn't pay more to have a Junior Suite, but if you want your cruise to be more special then its certainly worth it. Here is a video tour of my JS...

Comment

We had 7714 one of 4 JS at the aft of the ship deck 7. Nice room with larger balcony. Priority boarding, had to ask for robe and slippers though, nice bath but no jaccuzi jets, and pocelain cups normally, I'm told, they are plastic, dont forget to take your own inst coffee. no other perks though so don't expect an invite to the lounge and free drinks.
              It seems to me that rudeness is the refuge of the incompetent

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X