• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea?

Bit of a strange question but looking at the deck plans on the IOS at the inside cabins overlooking the promonade, cabin number 6597 is next to a blank space the size of 3 cabins.
    Can ayone tell me if the lifts are located here?

Thanks
    Lynn

They are not lifts as they are clearly shown as ELEV.

It could be crew only staircases or storage rooms, but I wouldn't worry for one second as to being next door...........Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn, Newton le Willows View Post
      Bit of a strange question but looking at the deck plans on the IOS at the inside cabins overlooking the promonade, cabin number 6597 is next to a blank space the size of 3 cabins.
      Can ayone tell me if the lifts are located here?

Thanks
      Lynn
      We had that next to our cabin lynn, as wilba says storage or stairs

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
        They are not lifts as they are clearly shown as ELEV.

It could be crew only staircases or storage rooms, but I wouldn't worry for one second as to being next door...........Wilba
        Thank you, is ELEV not short for the American term Elevator?
        Regards
        Lynn

Comment

Thank you
          Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn, Newton le Willows View Post
            Thank you, is ELEV not short for the American term Elevator?
            Regards
            Lynn
            Sure is!..............Wilba
            Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
              Sure is!..............Wilba
              Thought so

I am very good at translating my English terminology to American or Canadian but whilst on an English forum, I'll call it a lift

But thank you for your help, I just didnt want a cabin next door to a lift shaft

Regards
              Lynn

Comment

Lynn we usually try to book a cabin next to a blank space, as shown on the deck plan, as it means only having one neighbour to worry about. the blank spaces are usually the workers stairs, storage areas etc. we have never had any noise from these blank spaces.
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                  Lynn we usually try to book a cabin next to a blank space, as shown on the deck plan, as it means only having one neighbour to worry about. the blank spaces are usually the workers stairs, storage areas etc. we have never had any noise from these blank spaces.
                  Thank you Issyalex,

I was thinking that too, my Travel Agent said they would get back to me tomorrow so I am trying to pick my first choice for a cabin, whilst this one is still available I will call them first thing before anyone beats me to it

Thanks again.
                  Lynn

Comment

When we were on IOS there was a door in between two cabins fairly close to us but just the width of one cabin and it was an area with a sink in that the Stewards used and that could be quite noisy at times with clanking of metal....possibly washing waste bins or something....but only when the stewards were around so never late at night.

Comment

Originally posted by morris, st. columb View Post
                      When we were on IOS there was a door in between two cabins fairly close to us but just the width of one cabin and it was an area with a sink in that the Stewards used and that could be quite noisy at times with clanking of metal....possibly washing waste bins or something....but only when the stewards were around so never late at night.
                      Thank you for that,I'm never in the cabin during the day so I can live with that
                      Regards
                      Lynn

Comment

Is this instead of the Azura Lynn? CG
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                          Is this instead of the Azura Lynn? CG
                          Hi CG,
                          Yes it is, you must have missed a couple of my posts but although the price of Azura went down the following morning, when my hubby telephoned to book it at lunchtime, it had gone back up
                          so that night i booked the I.O.T.S for March.

Cant wait!
                          Lynn

Comment

Hi Lynn at least you have booked your cruise , and Iam sure it will be wonderful, we are still looking around.CG
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                              Hi Lynn at least you have booked your cruise , and Iam sure it will be wonderful, we are still looking around.CG
                              Thank you,
                              I would have prefered the Itenerary of Azura but was a bit worried it was school holidays, my ideal would be Arcadia 31st July doing the same Itenerary as Azura but it was £1799.00 (way too much)
                              never been on RC and people I know say I will love it so I am looking forward to it.

Let us know when you find yours!
                              Lynn

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X