• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the independence of the seas gym

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dolphinblu, Lowton Cheshire View Post
    My 14 year old daughter asked the same and she too is an only child.. Mind you the amount she is packing you'd think she was a twin! Getting really excited now (me that is) busy weekend ahead getting everything ready.

are you going on the 6th of august cruise?

Comment

Sorry to inform you that children under 16 are not allowed in RCI gym's.............Wilba
      Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by JackeryFirstClass, England View Post
        are children the age of 14 allowed to use the gym? sailing on the 6th of august - my sons really into fitness and kickboxing, would like to know if there are any type of martial art classes too.
        I have been a member of three gyms over the last 25 yrs and no child under 16 has been allowed to use the main gym facilities. Individual sports such as kickboxing may have different rules.

Comment

Originally posted by JackeryFirstClass, England View Post
          are you going on the 6th of august cruise?
          Hi yes we are can't quite believe that this time next week we will be 1 sleep away -as my daughter would say (actually probably me and my hubby still that she's more grown up !)

Comment

us too, going to be so hectic the next week! looking forward to it

Comment

Hi, just wanted to say thanks you're photos really help us novices quell our anxiety and now can't wait to see it for ourselves.

Comment

Us too though also a bit nervous as outside my comfort zone (I'm feel sick on a pedalo).

Comment

im sure it will be fine; it will be a rush at the terminal but hopefully calm when everyones on the ship.

Comment

Im going on the 6th august 2011 too and i cant wait!! im also going to be using the gym quite often too as i turned 16 in february, but im pretty sure you have to be 16 to use the gym facilities as its 16 for most other gyms in the uk, id be quite happy to show anyone around as this is my 2nd time on the ship and i can tell you its brilliant!!, 6 days to go!!, i shall see you there ;) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphinblu, Lowton Cheshire View Post
                      Hi yes we are can't quite believe that this time next week we will be 1 sleep away -as my daughter would say (actually probably me and my hubby still that she's more grown up !)
                      You will be to excited to sleep

Don't forget some instant coffee for the cabin

Comment

A few tips to help the boarding go abit more smoothly

Just a few tip for you all, put your luggage tags on all of your luggage before you set of on the 6th and check in online which allows you to get on the boat quicker, then once youve got on the boat and done your saftey thing go to the main promonade and get your daughter/son a soda package which is about $60 for unlimited soda, and then go to the climing wall, surfrider and ice skating rink to sign all the wavers so they can go on them then whenever they want.. depending there age they may still need an addult to accompany them!
                        Jack, see you there ;) 6th august 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Mrstevenson, uttoxeter View Post
                          Just a few tip for you all, put your luggage tags on all of your luggage before you set of on the 6th and check in online which allows you to get on the boat quicker, then once youve got on the boat and done your saftey thing go to the main promonade and get your daughter/son a soda package which is about $60 for unlimited soda, and then go to the climing wall, surfrider and ice skating rink to sign all the wavers so they can go on them then whenever they want.. depending there age they may still need an addult to accompany them!
                          Jack, see you there ;) 6th august 2011
                          Good advice I would just add
                          Just get the bookings done asap even before lifeboat drill if you can, you can normally board early though you can't get to your cabin normally untill 14.00 so make the most of that time

Comment

ahh yes good idea ;) we always get on the boat abit late because we always get stuck in traffic :P

Comment

Originally posted by Mrstevenson, uttoxeter View Post
                              ahh yes good idea ;) we always get on the boat abit late because we always get stuck in traffic :P
                              We leave early stop just outside Southampton at a Tesco store, have breakfast and buy any last minute things that you remember when it's really to late to go back home so you are in panic mode even though you can survive without whatever it is.

Well as long as you have your passport and credit card you will be fine

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X