• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spending money !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shortcake, Grimsby View Post
    Of course am female and deffo wear the trousers lol
    Oh well Shortcake,
    I suppose it could go towards the shoes and handbags fund!

Pete

PS Stereotyping is a forte of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter, Stockport View Post
      Oh well Shortcake,
      I suppose it could go towards the shoes and handbags fund!

Pete

PS Stereotyping is a forte of mine.
      I can bet any money peter, if your oh was looking over your shoulder whilst writing that comment you wouldnt have written it

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn, Newton le Willows View Post
        Hi Richard,
        may I ask you if you had already paid for your drinks on a package or was the $700 for your drinks and other bits and bobs?

Regards
        Lynn
        Lynn we never had a package so the $700 was just for drinks and bits and bobs

Comment

Originally posted by Richard, colwyn bay View Post
          Dont forget we also spent at the ports, but not much and we also paid for the shuttle buses out of the $700! Drinks are not that expensive and we were in the bars from around 9 till 12 ish

Comment

Originally posted by Richard, colwyn bay View Post
            Oh thats not too bad then, I dont think I will bother with a drinks package, I only have one or 2 drinks whilst oh has about 3 or 4 and maybe one during the day (cocktail special)

Thanks for the info!
            Lynn

Comment

Oh thats not too bad then, I dont think I will bother with a drinks package, I only have one or 2 drinks whilst oh has about 3 or 4 and maybe one during the day (cocktail special)

Thanks for the info!
              Lynn
              well lynn we worked it out when we got home and it wasnt worth us getting the package and there was a guy there who was forcing drinks down his mrs all night so he got the most of it, funny to see it as she was plastered every night, he he

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcake, Grimsby View Post
                Can i ask those who have been IOTS 14 night Italian Med how much spending money you took ...sorry to be cheeky but i have never cruised before and i havent got a clue

We are 2 adults and 13 year old i was thinking of taking $2000 dollars and 600 euros is this enough i will have a CC but i really dont want to use it much .
                I have pre paid tips ,excurtions and soda fountain for my son . So really its just for our drinks and other stuff we buy . I was hoping to not spend to much in the ports try have a big breakfast then snack in port then evening meal .

Am getting all confused i wont have enough money

Thanks peeps
                shortcake you are taking a lot of money espically as you have prepaid your gratuities, trips and your son's soda package. remember all you need to buy is alcohol, photos and if you ship in the onboard shops. you can spend a little or a lot it is up to you. you will be able to settle your onboard account with your $$ even if you have opted to pay by credit card. this is what we usually do. I hate putting things on my credit card unless I really have to. just check your onboard account daily via the interactive TV to make sure there are no mistakes. we usually pay on the last night and if we buy anything after this we let that go on the credit card. so no nasty bills a couple of weeks after you are home.

while you are onshore remember if the ship is docked in port you can just walk on for lunch and then go off again. tea, coffee and water are free 24/7 in the self-service restaurant.

our average spend for 2 adults is $400 for 2 weeks. we have wine with dinner and one or two drinks after. during the day we usually have water or tea. we are not skinflints but we don't really drink alcohol during the day espically when it is warm.

so don't worry just enjoy yourself and the money you bring back will go towards your next cruise.
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Thanks for the info!
                  Lynn

We was going to buy the package but i don't drink that much and neither does OH so wasnt worth it for us So will have a couple cocktails a day

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                    shortcake you are taking a lot of money espically as you have prepaid your gratuities, trips and your son's soda package. remember all you need to buy is alcohol, photos and if you ship in the onboard shops. you can spend a little or a lot it is up to you. you will be able to settle your onboard account with your $$ even if you have opted to pay by credit card. this is what we usually do. I hate putting things on my credit card unless I really have to. just check your onboard account daily via the interactive TV to make sure there are no mistakes. we usually pay on the last night and if we buy anything after this we let that go on the credit card. so no nasty bills a couple of weeks after you are home.

while you are onshore remember if the ship is docked in port you can just walk on for lunch and then go off again. tea, coffee and water are free 24/7 in the self-service restaurant.

our average spend for 2 adults is $400 for 2 weeks. we have wine with dinner and one or two drinks after. during the day we usually have water or tea. we are not skinflints but we don't really drink alcohol during the day espically when it is warm.

so don't worry just enjoy yourself and the money you bring back will go towards your next cruise.
                    Thank you was just panicking and getting myself in a state will properley get a couple more Euros and not get anymore ..dont want to be saying we cant do this and that because of money ...its my first cruise and i want to enjoy it to the fullest

Comment

I can bet any money peter, if your oh was looking over your shoulder whilst writing that comment you wouldnt have written it

Lynn
                      Hi Lynn,

I might be daft but I'm not an idiot!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Peter, Stockport View Post
                        Hi Lynn,

I might be daft but I'm not an idiot!

Pete
                        ha ha ha, thought not

Comment

Hope you have a great cruise......happy sailing...we are sailing on Indy next Feb.can't wait!
                          some call me Mrs Early Bird......:p

oooo and I guess we want a badge too.
                          Adventure Oct 2011,Indy Feb 2012. Allure Aug 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry, Staffordshire View Post
                            We spent around £700 in 2 weeks and we were drinking every night with friends and had a few meals at ports and bits and bobs,
                            Blimey!!lol I was thinking of going on IOTS instead of Ventura next year......but the most we have ever spent is £150 for 2 weeks!! (but we did have £80 o.b.c which paid for our tours)
                            Kerry, we only spent 160 pounds on board (11days) and had 50 pounds OBC. Great cheap holiday.
                            Trish

Comment

Originally posted by Trish, sudbury View Post
                              Kerry, we only spent 160 pounds on board (11days) and had 50 pounds OBC. Great cheap holiday.
                              Trish
                              Meant to say we sailed on Ventura.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X