• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Mountaineer - My photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky Mountaineer - My photos

Hi all

I've been back a few days now but to be honest my heads still spinning, (I'm going to blame the jet lag).
    I'm currently putting all my thoughts together and sorting through all my photos and videos but for all of you who have been asking then they can be seen here

Dylans Rocky Mountaineer - a set on Flickr

I've not labeled them but if you flick through it should give you a good idea of what the trip was like.

Chat to you all soon

PS - Apart from the rain what did you think?
    Please call me on 0800 408 6079 or email me at dyland@cruise.co.uk

Why not visit my cruise blog and learn a little bit more about me!

http://www.dylandiscovers.blogspot.com

What was your Itenary,when did you go? Enjoyed the pics...

Comment

Hi Brian

I've just got back, (hence all the rainy pictures)
      You can see my itinerary and daily posts here if you want

Comment

Super photographs Dylan.

A question if I may.
        The seats.
        Did they have foot rests incorporated into them and did they recline or were they static and with no leg/foot support, rather like our regular train seats?

Comment

Looks like you did it from Vancouver to possibly Calgary which is the ar.e up'ards way. Shame no cruise to start it off!!

Comment

It's a bit like World Traveler Plus Mrs M - There's foot rests and the seats recline by about 15 degrees, (not a lot I know).
            I found I spent a lot of time out on the viewing platforms - It was colder but made for some amazing views

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan, Cruise.co.uk View Post
              It's a bit like World Traveler Plus Mrs M - There's foot rests and the seats recline by about 15 degrees, (not a lot I know).
              I found I spent a lot of time out on the viewing platforms - It was colder but made for some amazing views
              Thanks. I've never travelled W.T plus but I guess the footrests are in your own seat?
              As a short whatsit, I like a foot rest on a long journey if I can't lower the seat.

Comment

Did you sleep on the train - was it overnight or did you stay in hotels. I was looking to see what the sleeping compartments were like but couldnt see any in your photos.

Comment

Many thanks for all those photos Dylan, you certainly captured the huge vistas in BC. Amazing the difference it makes to the rivers and lakes when the sun was shining. The gold carriage looks fabulous indeed.

I have another assignment for you.....an email just sent to me from Cruisedot......a trip on the Orient Express from London, Victoria to Venice. But this time followed by a cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette round the Med and Adriatic next June. Would you be up for it....

http://www.cruise.co.uk/tailor-made-...AILORM13-10-13

Comment

Hello,

No you don't sleep on the train, although its quite a long day (12/13 hours each day). What happens is you get picked up from your hotel around 6.30 am and arrive at your next destination around 6 / 7pm to be transferred to your hotel for a nights sleep. Then the same again the following day.

I hope this helps

Comment

Hello Mrs M,

The foot rests are in the seat in front of you, and you have enough room to almost completely extend your legs (I'm 5"9). It really is very comfortable even for a fidget like me

Comment

Hello All At Sea,

Sorry about the late reply. Thanks you for following my blog everyday (and sticking up for me ), It really was appreciated. You are absolutely right, it was nice when the weather was a bit gloomy, but it was incredible when the sun was out. The food was so good on the Gold leaf also.

Of course I can look at the Orient Express cruise and stay for you. Just let me know if you want me to email / call and what cabin you are after etc.

Again thanks for your support

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan, Cruise.co.uk View Post
                          Hello Mrs M,

The foot rests are in the seat in front of you, and you have enough room to almost completely extend your legs (I'm 5"9). It really is very comfortable even for a fidget like me
                          Footrest on the seat in front isn't too good for a shortie though! Oh well.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your photos with us Dylan, bought back happy memories of our trip there, still one of my favourite places to visit.
                            sigpic
                            Wen

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X