• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caroline's Canadian Adventure - Day 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caroline's Canadian Adventure - Day 2

Our second day started disappointingly. We were scheduled for a helicopter tour over Kananaskis but the fog was very thick so our ride was cancelled. It wasn’t much of a surprise real when we realised we were surrounded by mountains but hadn’t actually seen any yet
    Thankfully the weather cleared as we headed to The Fairmont Lake Louise. To say the views here are stunning is an understatement. The emerald water and mountain back drop leaves you speechless!

The Chateau it self is beautiful, the decor has a classic Swiss feel to it and although all 540 rooms were full and the hotel was busy the public areas are very spacious so you don’t feel to confined.
    To make the most from your stay I would highly recommend upgrading to a Lake View room. They even offer a sunrise wake up call so you can watch the sunrise over the lake from the comfort of your own room.
    We were staying in Banff so to get the best view of the town we took a ride on the Banff Gondola. It’s a little scary for those with a fear of heights but well worth it for the views.

We had a superb meal that evening at the Fairmont Banff springs and I loved this hotel. It’s very different to the Chateau with more of a Scottish medieval castle feel to it. There are 770 rooms at the Springs and again they were fully booked so it gives you a good indication of how popular both hotels are.
    Unfortunately I can’t comment on the views as it was dark when I arrived but I’m assured they to are stunning.
    I’m very excited to be joining the Rocky Mountaineer in the morning but it’s going to be an early start with our pick up from the hotel scheduled for 07:15.
    So on that note I had best head to my bed so Goodnight.
    CaptainJames
    Forum Administrator (Product Team)

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X