• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are my neighbours going?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
    Why such a facetious remark? there are quite a few of us on this forum who are older but certainly not heading for death's door, I have never sailed with CMV but I bet a few here have I believe Wilba has , and if I remember rightly he gave it the thumbs up, he could probably give you a few tips maybe on cruising if not on manners. CG
    Ahh, come on CG, he wasn't ill mannered. It's banter, a 15 all sally from a young MSC addict, to Neil's tongue in cheek comment re MSC. He missed out his own t-in ch emoticon, that's all! I know I could come up with a quip in reply to any Cunard tongue in cheek ''bashing''.

    Ask JC!!!!!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
      Ahh, come on CG, he wasn't ill mannered. It's banter, a 15 all sally from a young MSC addict, to Neil's tongue in cheek comment re MSC. He missed out his own t-in ch emoticon, that's all! I know I could come up with a quip in reply to any Cunard tongue in cheek ''bashing''.

      Ask JC!!!!!
      A good example of how a post can be misinterpreted. The emoticon can change the whole meaning of a sentence, when it's used. I think CG took the post at face value instead of making an assumption. Assumptions can occasionally lead to a misunderstanding can't they. Like many people, I for one are sometimes guilty of that.
      Hmmm! I hope '1 5thavenue' didn't mean the post in it's purest form, but if they did then all I can say is

      Cheers OSD
      Our cruising days are over now.................

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
        I can open all of them in I.E. but don't worry, you've not missed anything of VIP importance.

        Interestingly, CD seem to have got the correct info. on one of the links to their Bucket List page 17, Cunard's QV sailing Cape Town to S'ton. They have the correct ship departing this time. On the other link, [same one Delboy posted] they still have Queen Elizabeth departing C.T. which will make for an interesting itinerary as she's also tootling around Japan/ The Pacific at the same time!

        Even the proof readers can't get it right!
        Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place, following your original post I checked page 17 and again following the above post and could find no reference to QE departing CT.

        But as I say I am probably looking in the wrong place, which would not be a first for me
        Delboy


        Photo Albums

        https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

        or

        https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
          Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place, following your original post I checked page 17 and again following the above post and could find no reference to QE departing CT.

          But as I say I am probably looking in the wrong place, which would not be a first for me
          From your own link

          Edit

          Day 9

          https://emagcreator.com/Cruise.co.uk...7/page_17.html

          As I said, CD is going to have QE as a busy little cruising bunny on that scheduling!
          Last edited by Mrs M; 25th October 2017, 10:47 AM.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
            From your own link

            Edit

            Day 9

            https://emagcreator.com/Cruise.co.uk...7/page_17.html

            As I said, CD is going to have QE as a busy little cruising bunny on that scheduling!
            Found it

            Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 25th October 2017, 11:03 AM.
            Delboy


            Photo Albums

            https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

            or

            https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Old Sea Dog, Stockport View Post
              A good example of how a post can be misinterpreted. The emoticon can change the whole meaning of a sentence, when it's used. I think CG took the post at face value instead of making an assumption. Assumptions can occasionally lead to a misunderstanding can't they. Like many people, I for one are sometimes guilty of that.
              Hmmm! I hope '1 5thavenue' didn't mean the post in it's purest form, but if they did then all I can say is

              Cheers OSD
              Ah, well you see I have a pretty positive outlook on life and ''assume'' the best in folk, until proven otherwise, which I is why I took 5th Ave's post as banter with a missing little emoticon.

              In order to see unpleasantness, in my opinion, one either goes to the comments on some Reviews [rude, ill mannered and I would go so far as to say trolling goes on there] or some comments from members on Brexit and Politics forum threads in general.

              Banter isn't ill natured, but I guess for some, an emoticon helps clarify the aim! Me, I'll just continue thinking most people are sweetness and light!

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                Why such a facetious remark? there are quite a few of us on this forum who are older but certainly not heading for death's door, I have never sailed with CMV but I bet a few here have I believe Wilba has , and if I remember rightly he gave it the thumbs up, he could probably give you a few tips maybe on cruising if not on manners. CG
                That was in response to Neil's remark of a similar nature and meant in jest; apologies for any offence.
                Last edited by 1fifthavenue, birmingham; 25th October 2017, 11:19 AM.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                  Ah, well you see I have a pretty positive outlook on life and ''assume'' the best in folk, until proven otherwise, which I is why I took 5th Ave's post as banter with a missing little emoticon.

                  In order to see unpleasantness, in my opinion, one either goes to the comments on some Reviews [rude, ill mannered and I would go so far as to say trolling goes on there] or some comments from members on Brexit and Politics forum threads in general.

                  Banter isn't ill natured, but I guess for some, an emoticon helps clarify the aim! Me, I'll just continue thinking most people are sweetness and light!
                  Thanks Mrs M, it was indeed meant as banter and in no way to cause any offence to fellow cruisers, regardless of which is their line of choice. Completely agree regarding the rude and trolling remarks in the reviews section and on certain topics in this very forum.

                  Interestingly I couldn't get the emoticons pop out box to load last night when I wrote the comment

                  Comment


                    #24
                    If you are using Safari on Mac OS system, there is a reasonably easy way to open those emails with long links. You do need another browser on your system but I dare say most of us do. Go to the Apple icon top left of your screen and click on System Preferences. Click on General which on mine is the top left icon. Scroll down to where it says default browser Safari - click and choose whatever other browser you have installed. When you have finished reading the link in your email, just go back to System Preferences and change it back to Safari. Sounds like a bother but will take just a minute. Like others, I don't have a problem opening links with the iPad. Beryl

                    Comment


                    We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.


                    By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

                    Working...
                    X