• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excursion Waitlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excursion Waitlist

Hi, this is my first cruise with Princess, we have booked Singapore to Tokyo next year.

we really wanted to go on an excursion up Mt. Fuji but the one excursion is already fully booked and we've been put on a waitlist.

Does anyone (with more experience of Princess than me) know if waitlists for excursions become free regularly or if Princess will put on an extra bus if there is demand for it ? Or will there be excursion spaces on every trip when we board ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a newbie question

Although I have never sailed with Princess, I have done 30+ cruises with several other companies. I have often been put on an excursion wait list and have always been accommodated.
    Jill

Comment

Only been on one Princess cruise and the most popular excursion was waitlisted, no idea if they put on extra buses or not. We went on CC and joined the roll call and arranged the excursion with other pasengers on the roll call. Not only was it cheaper but as it was a smaller group we also had more freedom to choose where and for how long we wanted to stop at various places.

Comment

They hold back places for book on board, as said DIY via roll call is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Phils01, Cupar View Post
          Hi, this is my first cruise with Princess, we have booked Singapore to Tokyo next year.

we really wanted to go on an excursion up Mt. Fuji but the one excursion is already fully booked and we've been put on a waitlist.

Does anyone (with more experience of Princess than me) know if waitlists for excursions become free regularly or if Princess will put on an extra bus if there is demand for it ? Or will there be excursion spaces on every trip when we board ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a newbie question
          June, July and August are the worst months to see Mt Fuji. There will be no snow at the summit and it is likely to be shrouded in cloud.

Have a look at Mount Fuji where you will find useful information. Have no fear of DIY on the railways. Signs are in English and Japan, trains are clean and on time and people are friendly and helpful. Younger folk will have better English.

It is possible to see Mt fuji on a clear day in Tokyo, I have a couple of shots from our apartment in Roppongi, somewhere! An alternative may be to visit the Tokyo Tower where you will get the tower experience and may see Mt Fuji.

There is plenty to see in Tokyo if you can't make Mt Fuji. The Meiji Shrine close to Harajuki station on the Yamanote Line is well worth a visit as is the Sensoji or Asakusa Kannon Temple in Asakusa.

The Senkakuji Temple near Shinagawa Station has the graves of the 47 Ronin. Quite moving and worth reading up on. There is receipt for "1 head" in the adjacent museum!

Perhaps the best value trip in Tokyo is a ride on the Japanese Railways Yamanote Line. It is a circular route covering 29 stations and takes about 1 1/4 hrs to go all of the way round. It is fascinating to just sit there and watch Tokyo pass you by. The cost is minimal, a couple of hundred Yen to the next stop. No one knows if you have been all of the way round.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X