• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Princess Increase Grats Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry, Hastings View Post
    This is the second increase of gratuities from Princess this year - how far can they go?
    As they also charge for children, this would make the charge for 2 adults and 2 children on a 2 week cruise more than £580!

Dear Princess Guest,

To ensure our guest service onboard remains among the best in the cruise industry, Princess Cruises has increased the daily gratuity charge for all voyages departing on or after 15 December 2016.
    The new daily gratuity amounts are $13.50 USD per guest for interior, oceanview, and balcony staterooms (including children), $14.50 USD per guest for mini-suites (including Club Class), and $15.50 USD per guest for suites.
    The gratuity rate increase is comparable to cruise industry standards and underlines our commitment towards our crew for the excellent service they provide our guests.
    You have the opportunity to prepay your daily gratuities at the current rate until 16 November 2016 at 07:59AM GMT. You may prepay through your Cruise Personalizer or contact us at 0843 374 4444. Guests booked with promotions that include paid gratuities will not be affected by this rate increase.
    Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.
    Sincerely,
    Princess Cruises

I guess Princess could (in their words) underlines our commitment towards our crew by paying them a decent wage. I'm fed up with the end of cruise whip round, and there are many like me.
    On RCI they now bundle the "dining charges" together, so that the waiter and assistant are not shown seperate. I also understand that at the end of the meal the envelopes are collected and the money shared out with all. So in effect we subsidise the non payers, have you seen the queue's in the self service on the last night?
    Tipping is an american thing, and we quite like people to be paid a fair days wage for a fair days work. Whats wrong with that?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
    X