• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilba's Christmas Cracker. The Final Chapter

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
    I was showing G the iguana, and couldn't pronounce Curacao, which he thought was hilarious....how do you say it, anyone?
    Kew-rah-so ( according to Collins dictionary) with the accent on the first syllable, though i do like the cure-ass-o version better albeit it gives it a slightly different pronounciation
    Pete

sigpic
    If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

Just finished reading the last of your blog Wilba,i must say Oistins sounds great,Welcome home to you both. Jan.

Comment

Just found the pic of the iguana via a link from somewhere else - that's just gorgeous!!!!!

If that had been me I'd still be there now; I simply love the things, but have never seen one so close ...

Cheers,
        Lynn

Comment

Hi Wilba
          I have just read all of your Ventura blogs. We would have been on your cruise if my husband had not had a stroke in Sept 2012, as we always go on the Ventura or Azura the same two weeks every year. The weather is usually very hot with an odd shower. I was with you all the way and enjoyed reading where you went on the islands. St. Martin and Barbados are my favourites. You are right the beach near the boatyard in Barbados is what you would expect a sandy Caribbean Beach to be like. A few years' ago we stayed at the Rocklea Hotel for a week but their beach area was made of shingle. By the way the England Cricket team were staying there and we had a chat to them (they didn't win). Glad you had a good time and I loved your photos - happy memories. Thanks again for all your information. LINDA
          Greenaway, Cheshire

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X