• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P&O Covid Measures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't say this all appeals to me either. Being so restricted onboard as well as not being able to get off unless on an excursion, is not good. I would have thought wandering around on your own socially distancing is more safe than going on a coach with countless others in an enclosed space for several hours.

The trouble with us is that we have one deposit for April next year which I cannot see we will be going on, a full cruise payment transferred from March this year to October 2021 and a deposit we transferred to 2022. P & O have £2000 of our money with deposits and one nearly fully paid transferred cruise so don't want to lose all that, even if we don't want to go under these conditions. They will probably all get cancelled and moved when the new brochure comes out in November.

I am sure that the cruise as stated is materially different to what I booked and the experience has completely changed, so surely we have grounds for a refund. Not too bothered about eventually cancelling the 2 deposit cruises but it is the virtually fully paid one we transferred that I would not want to lose all the money on.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
      If these conditions are still in place when we are due to pay our balance in March for our booked June cruise, I doubt very much we will continue with our booking.

If we cancel looks as though we will lose.our deposit, even if we are advised not to travel, being classed as vulnerable due to age
      Why not move your cruise to a 2 night one for 2022 or 2023 when the brochure comes out in November 2020?

Comment

Whatever protocols are devised they can only work with passenger compliance and crew enforcement and I have my doubts on both counts. Personally I have no interest in the kind of cruising now on offer. The restrictions we face every day, whilst necessary, are a wretched way to live so it makes no sense to me to spend hundreds of pounds for more of the same or an even more restrictive environment given the confines of a ship. When things get back to normal I'll be at the front of the queue. I'll just have to be patient.
        Logic will get you from A to B.
        Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

I remember reading, a long time ago now, the opinion of someone who had grown disenchanted with cruising.

They said that by not cruising, they now had a very substantial budget for taking land-based holidays in resorts where they could have their own villa, swimming pool (and sun loungers!), catering... and so on.

That person had a point.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
            I remember reading, a long time ago now, the opinion of someone who had grown disenchanted with cruising.

They said that by not cruising, they now had a very substantial budget for taking land-based holidays in resorts where they could have their own villa, swimming pool (and sun loungers!), catering... and so on.

That person had a point.
            Yes but it's boring being in the same place, which is one of the reasons I cruise. I love being on deck relaxing whilst at sea because there are other things going on if I have had enough and need to do something else. Land based holidays either in a villa or a hotel do nothing for me.
            Jill

Comment

The new rules make it all sound a bit rubbish to be honest. I know they probably can't do much else at this stage, but I'd rather just wait.

The annoying thing is, people that have booked for early next year will probably just have to put up with it, or lose their money. The cruise will be going so you won't get a re-fund I don't want to change it again, I just want my money back!! .................................................. .....Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Yes but it's boring being in the same place, which is one of the reasons I cruise. I love being on deck relaxing whilst at sea because there are other things going on if I have had enough and need to do something else. Land based holidays either in a villa or a hotel do nothing for me.
                I agree 100% with you that cruising beats a villa or hotel holiday every time!

... or at least, it did do. But a cruise with a restricted on-board experience and no 'proper' port days would be a waste of money for me.

I hate to say that. I always thought I would cruise no matter what restrictions were introduced. Everyone guessed these restrictions were coming, but somehow seeing them in black and white really focuses my mind!

I might give it a go if it is a giveaway price with the enforced excursions chucked in for nothing, but that seems unlikely...

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                  The new rules make it all sound a bit rubbish to be honest. I know they probably can't do much else at this stage, but I'd rather just wait.

The annoying thing is, people that have booked for early next year will probably just have to put up with it, or lose their money. The cruise will be going so you won't get a re-fund I don't want to change it again, I just want my money back!! .................................................. .....Carol

A lot of the itinerary will change enough to trigger refunds.

A quick look at P&O for early next year(Feb-April) there are 59 cruises on the list(some are variations of the same trip)

Cant see Azura or Britannia doing the Caribbean so that knocks off the repos as well

That's 29 gone or replaced with something else.

Going south/Med cruises 19 trips may have a chance but not everywhere is open so they will have to change.

Norway & the Canaries still very iffy, there are 9 of those

Comment

Malta taking no chances(homeport for Azura)

https://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/n...e#.X4qnltBKhhE

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
                      P&O new measures in place when they eventually start up again.

[url]https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence?fbclid=IwAR1l_8xX_EIWzQ2oJMhMSQLyy9geVH S1I0d2Vc27_frB0gA9GtfhkZ1IIiE[
                      Doesn't suit us, so we'll be looking elsewhere.
                      That looks like the CLIA UK guidelines so all cruise ships will be the same.

Depends on what is more important shipboard experience or the itinerary.

If it is the latter, wait and see what ports are opened and to whom??

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                        Malta taking no chances(homeport for Azura)

https://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/n...e#.X4qnltBKhhE
                        That's where we are boarding Azura next year

Lets hope for a very strong wind before then, to blow all the virus away!! (I am joking by the way) ................................................Ca rol

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

That looks like the CLIA UK guidelines so all cruise ships will be the same.

Depends on what is more important shipboard experience or the itinerary.

If it is the latter, wait and see what ports are opened and to whom??

Annie
                          Trouble is, unless you're happy wondering around in a mask, and hardly speaking to anyone, and sitting at dinner on your own, the ship board experience won't be the same. Then it will only take one person to have a raised temperature and we'll probably all be quarantined to our cabins .................................................. Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

Trouble is, unless you're happy wondering around in a mask, and hardly speaking to anyone, and sitting at dinner on your own, the ship board experience won't be the same. Then it will only take one person to have a raised temperature and we'll probably all be quarantined to our cabins .................................................. Carol

Hi Carol

On this I am slightly more hopeful - they will have protocols to deal with a raised temperature.

Wear a mask to reach a bar and then take the mask off. Think along the lines of masked balls.

Dining could be an issue for some but not all. Many post they like tables for 2.

Celebrity's silent disco could be a challenge

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Hi Carol

On this I am slightly more hopeful - they will have protocols to deal with a raised temperature.

Wear a mask to reach a bar and then take the mask off. Think along the lines of masked balls.

Dining could be an issue for some but not all. Many post they like tables for 2.

Celebrity's silent disco could be a challenge

Annie
                              We have just had indoor dining shut down again. The rule, during the month or so it was allowed, was 50% capacity, no more than six at a table and masks could only be removed when seated. Also music must not be loud enough to require raised voices for conversation.
                              Even with these rules, indoor dining and drinking was found to be a major source of infection, so indoor restaurants and bars are closed for 28 days.
                              I am not sure how much safer it would be on a ship, although pre cruise screening would help. As I said on another topic, cruising under these conditions doesn’t appeal to me.
                              Sheila

Comment

Italy has introduced negative test for arrivals.

That seems to ncludes cruise ships so to go on an excursion you need a new test.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X