• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P&O Covid Measures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P&O Covid Measures

P&O new measures in place when they eventually start up again.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-wit...gA9GtfhkZ1IIiE

Doesn't suit us, so we'll be looking elsewhere.

Nothing too surprising there, and I'm sure similar conditions will apply to all cruise lines. Necessary, but doesn't appeal to me either.

Comment

If these conditions are still in place when we are due to pay our balance in March for our booked June cruise, I doubt very much we will continue with our booking.

If we cancel looks as though we will lose.our deposit, even if we are advised not to travel, being classed as vulnerable due to age
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Booking of dining times, not being able to dine with others and obviously tables for two will need to be much more widely spread in the MDR. This makes me think ships will be sailing half full. Drinks prices will have to rise as a consequence. Increasing room service means that they are fully expecting to restrict passenger movement and isolate passengers.

Not being able to get off unless you are on an official tour (which will be vastly overpriced) is a dealbreaker when we have been to so many places so many times, we've seen most attractions we want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
          If these conditions are still in place when we are due to pay our balance in March for our booked June cruise, I doubt very much we will continue with our booking.

If we cancel looks as though we will lose.our deposit, even if we are advised not to travel, being classed as vulnerable due to age
          Hi Del
          Cant you cancel and transfer your deposit to another cruise,,,,,,you never know you might want to do a short cruise in the future,,,,,maybe a forum cruise.

I wouldnt just give them the money.
          I have a £300 FCC with Celebrity,,,,,i'll keep hold of it until the use by date goes past if i have too,,,,,i will probable use it for a cruise next year,,,,,but if i dont want to go because i dont like the restrictions i will cancel and move to 2022 if i have too.

Edit.
          Just noticed P&O wont let you do that.....it says.before your balance due date!!!!
          Flexible transfers

Before your balance due date you can transfer your booking as many times as you like.
          With Celebrity you can cancel and rebook up until 48hrs before your cruise.
          JC
          Last edited by jc, liverpool; 15th October 2020, 04:32 PM.
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

Our balance for an August cruise is due in May and if these same conditions are still in place we will also cancel. It is not what was sold to us when we booked and I feel we should get our money back.

If I order a nut from Amazon or Ebay and receive a bolt I will get a refund. Should be the same for a cruise.

Do we have any legal eagles on the forum who can give an opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
              Booking of dining times, not being able to dine with others and obviously tables for two will need to be much more widely spread in the MDR. This makes me think ships will be sailing half full. Drinks prices will have to rise as a consequence. Increasing room service means that they are fully expecting to restrict passenger movement and isolate passengers.

Not being able to get off unless you are on an official tour (which will be vastly overpriced) is a dealbreaker when we have been to so many places so many times, we've seen most attractions we want to see.
              Cunard's protocol is pretty similar, in fact word for word in some parts.
              This is interesting re passenger capacity

While we want to ensure you have the Cunard holiday you've dreamed of, please be aware that we will be significantly reducing the number of guests on our first voyages following the pause in operations to better enable a smooth return to sailing. We have reduced the number of available staterooms and suites on these voyages accordingly.

We've read all the Cunard document and we're fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi Del
                Cant you cancel and transfer your deposit to another cruise,,,,,,you never know you might want to do a short cruise in the future,,,,,maybe a forum cruise.

I have a £300 FCC with Celebrity,,,,,i'll keep hold of it until the use by date goes past if i have too,,,,,i will probable use it for a cruise next year,,,,,but if i dont want to go because i dont like the restrictions i will cancel and move to 2022 if i have too.

Edit.
                Just noticed P&O wont let you do that.....it says.before your balance due date!!!!
                Flexible transfers

Before your balance due date you can transfer your booking as many times as you like.
                JC
                Hi JC

i would probably be happy to leave my deposit on hold to use at a later date, but as you say TC’s does not allow this, have to decide on new cruise at time of cancellation.of present cruise.

Could move deposit to a 2022 cruise, but we are both not getting any younger and wife’s mobility is deteriorating..

Will wait and see what position is in March.?

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

trick with having to move a deposit and not sure move it out as far as you can to a cheap trip.

Often there are options to bring it back to something you fancy better.

No point in losing it if it can be moved.

If later you can't go the regulations alow you you to substitute passengers for reasonable admin fees.

Comment

I had noticed Cunard has flagged up the same. We have 3 booked with them, 2 next year and one in 22.
                    These terms dont appeal to us either, especially having to do a tour at ports. Not because we dont do tours if that is our preference but where we have done the basics we like to explore more deeply on our own.
                    Wearing masks the whole time outside ones cabin - for eg 2 weeks - is a bit grim too.
                    There may be pre booking of entertainments and activities. Entry to eg shops, lounges etc may be restricted at busy times. There is more.
                    Whilst things are as they are it is no doubt necessary but it all sounds like a miserable experience compared to what we are used to, and at a heavy price.
                    I really dont want to go under these terms. My husband is more philosophical, thinking that things will continue to be cancelled or that when conditions improve it wont be as bad as currently set out.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                      Our balance for an August cruise is due in May and if these same conditions are still in place we will also cancel. It is not what was sold to us when we booked and I feel we should get our money back.

If I order a nut from Amazon or Ebay and receive a bolt I will get a refund. Should be the same for a cruise.

No expert John, but it’s a major change by any definition and that warrants a refund as I understand it

John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

I notice on the FAQs it says that if you no longer wish to travel because of the changes on board, your booking will be subject to the normal cancellation policy.

What a cheek.

I wonder if they will get away with that? Surely they will be challenged.

I think particularly when passengers cannot get off the ship unless they take excursions... that is such a material change to what many signed up for.

Comment

Will passengers who want to get off the ship have to pay the same (in my opinion) high prices for excursions?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Cunard's protocol is pretty similar, in fact word for word in some parts.
                            This is interesting re passenger capacity

While we want to ensure you have the Cunard holiday you've dreamed of, please be aware that we will be significantly reducing the number of guests on our first voyages following the pause in operations to better enable a smooth return to sailing. We have reduced the number of available staterooms and suites on these voyages accordingly.

We've read all the Cunard document and we're fine with it.
                            I'm OK with it. I am sailing solo on QE, and have 3 friends also booked. We are able to link our bookings and form a travelling group.
                            2018-
                            Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                            NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                            Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                            Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                            Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                              Hi Del

Edit.
                              Flexible transfers

JC
                              I've looked at the new terms, and P&O aren't as flexible as Royal Caribbean. I won't cancel the transatlantic on Britannia yet, but I am pretty sure that it won't sail on that itinerary. I can't see them taking the ship to the Caribbean for a short season.
                              2018-
                              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you