• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P&O How strict are the luggage rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After much deliberation, I have decided to leave the case as it is and not disrupt my carefully planned and neat packing. But I have put a small flat zipper bag in the top, just incase I am called back to the naughty room.

Comment

Hi all
      We are traveling down on Eavesway,,their baggage limit is 20kg per case.
      JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
        23kg is common and it is a health and safety consideration. If your bags are heavy they need special handling, hence the overweight bags desk in the airport. P&O will probably enforce the rule or they could end up with an expensive law suit if a handler is injured. We normally take two cases,, both around 18kg because I always bring back more than I take.
        That's what I've always understood- H&S for anyone handling the case, both dock workers and crew. I've seen it in other literature for cruise lines.
        Jo.

Comment

Health and safety is the primary issue. Furthermore, a very heavy bag is more likely to be damaged, if the baggage handlers drop it on its way to your cabin. You should also consider the size of the suitcase. A heavy suitcase might also be rather large. Will you be able to store it under your bed, after you have unpacked?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X