• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P&O Drinks Package rolling out Sep 30.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P&O Drinks Package rolling out Sep 30.

Hi All

It is reported elsewhere that the DP recently trialled will be rolled out fleetwide on Sep 30, 2018.

Further, the Soda Card will be discontinued at the same time.

Annie

I thought it wouldn't be long before they did it. They will make a lot of money from it, so why not ...................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
      I thought it wouldn't be long before they did it. They will make a lot of money from it, so why not ...................................Carol
      The profits will offset the cost incurred by abolishing the service charge.

Annie

Comment

I wonder why/how some Companies ie Fred Olsen and MSC offer extremely good value for money packages, and then some like RCI and Celebrity and now P&O charge an awful lot more for one??............................................. ...........Carol

Comment

Hi all
          I must be getting old........£40 a day is too much for me!!!!
          My drink bill on P&O Ventura last month for 7 days was only £350.

Might be different with Celebrity or Cunard drink prices.
          JC
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi jc
            It's actually £80 A day..Mrs jc has to have it as well.
            Regards
            Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
              I wonder why/how some Companies ie Fred Olsen and MSC offer extremely good value for money packages, and then some like RCI and Celebrity and now P&O charge an awful lot more for one??............................................. ...........Carol
              I think FO and MSC are private companies and are therefore not subject to the pressures of being a publicly listed company on the stock exchange ?

Annie

PS BTW did you know that the CEO of the FO group is a woman??

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                Hi jc
                It's actually £80 A day..Mrs jc has to have it as well.
                Regards
                Garfield
                Hi Garf
                Quite correct.
                That's why if i can get a 12 day Celebrity cruise including a DP for just over £3k i snatch their hand off.
                To me that's a 12 nt cruise in a 2a Balcony on the hump for the equivalent of £1k each.

ps Iv'e just bought $100 OBC for my upcoming Celebrity cruise,,,,£5 cheaper than Asda price,,,,,that's my ironing bill sorted,
                JC

Comment

I was speaking to the Onboard Revenue Manager on Seaview, he said British people see all inclusive drinks as a challenge to drink as much as they can and 'get their money's worth' but even at £20 a day based on the cost price the lines are still making money

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                    Hi Garf
                    Quite correct.
                    That's why if i can get a 12 day Celebrity cruise including a DP for just over £3k i snatch their hand off.
                    To me that's a 12 nt cruise in a 2a Balcony on the hump for the equivalent of £1k each.

ps Iv'e just bought $100 OBC for my upcoming Celebrity cruise,,,,£5 cheaper than Asda price,,,,,that's my ironing bill sorted,
                    JC

Hi jc
                    Thanks for the tip..
                    Regards
                    Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                      I was speaking to the Onboard Revenue Manager on Seaview, he said British people see all inclusive drinks as a challenge to drink as much as they can and 'get their money's worth' but even at £20 a day based on the cost price the lines are still making money
                      Why am I not surprised??

Annie

Comment

Where are you finding Celebrity bargains please?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie, Basingstoke View Post
                          Are there Celebrity bargains anymore??

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie, Basingstoke View Post
                            Hi Rosie.
                            There is bargains if you look,,,,but it depends if you like a few drinks or not.
                            As this thread is about AI packages i am including DP in the Celebrity bargains.

Eg...I have a cruise booked on Celebrity Reflection for next May to Iceland etc......at todays price it is £3180 for a balcony cabin.
                            If i take into account what my drinks bill will be for that cruise i can safely say approx £800,,,thats the lower end.

If i take that off the £3180 =around £1200 each for a cruise to Iceland in a balcony cabin.On the beautiful Celebrity Reflection with the best food at sea,i think that's a bargain.

A quick look now i see a 9nt Dalmation Coast cruise next year on 'Connie' for OV for £2500 with a drink package,,,,book with CD,i got a minimum £100 of all my Celebrity cruises.

How about a 14nt TA Oct next year,,,,£900.

I'm on Celebrity Eclipse next month,,i paid £3080 through CD with half price grats and a DP in a 2A hump balcony,,,,a bargain.

They are now running a special offer for onboard booking,,,,DP,No grats & £200 OBC,,,,,,just sorting out another bargain for next autumn and i'm booked.

JC
                            Last edited by jc, liverpool; 11th September 2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                              Are there Celebrity bargains anymore??

Annie
                              Hi Annie.
                              Yes.......
                              A Azura cruise on 30th September to the Med,,,,,12nts,,,Balcony=£3400.

My Celebrity Eclipse cruise a few days later,,,,12nts in the Med..Balcony=£3100,,,,with a Drink Package,,,even adding the flights to Barca it doesn't come up to the P&O price.

Yes,a bargain!!!
                              Mind you i'm not even looking at Celebrity Edge.
                              JC

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X