• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More news about the Iona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More news about the Iona

Hi All

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articl...n-first-season

Iona in Geirangerfjord??

Annie

The Fjords are beautiful and can be reached from UK ports and cruised within 7 days.

However is one of the biggest ships in the world, with the biggest passenger capacity in the world, a suitable vessel for this attractive destination?

I'd suggest a ship 5-6 times smaller (gross tonnage) such as Olsen's and CMV's fleets, are much more suitable.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
      The Fjords are beautiful and can be reached from UK ports and cruised within 7 days.

However is one of the biggest ships in the world, with the biggest passenger capacity in the world, a suitable vessel for this attractive destination?

I'd suggest a ship 5-6 times smaller (gross tonnage) such as Olsen's and CMV's fleets, are much more suitable.
      Completely agree.

How long do we estimate if will take for all 5000 passengers to disembark at Geirangerfjord??

Annie

Comment

I believe her all berths capacity is 6,600! (Bigger than Oasis).

The itinerary is: Ålesund, Bergen, Geiranger, Olden, Stravanger.
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
          Completely agree.

How long do we estimate if will take for all 5000 passengers to disembark at Geirangerfjord??

Annie
          Do P&O use the walkway?

If not the passenger numbers will be a problem

John

Comment

She is LNG powered so will be a lot more environmentally friendly than current ships. However 5,000 plus passengers from one ship and who knows how many others might be in at the same could overwhelm such a small place.

No doubt there have been full discussions with Norwegian authorities. A cruise ship just doesn't rock up out of the blue and expect to find a berth.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X