• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P&O Iona naming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P&O Iona naming.

Hi all
    Just received an E Mail from P&O,,,naming ceremony on 4th July.
    Are you interested in Ionafest 2020?
    Only £1299 for the cheapest cabin!!!
    Introducing Ionafest 2020

On sale Monday 9 December 2019
    Some of today’s biggest music artists. An astonishing naming celebration. And to crown it all, Norway’s awe-inspiring fjords as the breathtaking backdrop. Introducing Ionafest 2020: the extraordinary festival experience on our new ship, Iona…
    YOUR QUESTIONS, ANSWERED Ionafest dates confirmed

On 4-11 July 2020, Iona is hitting the holiday stage with a festival like no other. Kick-starting with a naming celebration to top all introductions, don’t miss out on incredible headline acts, the famous bottle smash, street-food-style pop-ups and enthralling events at every turn. Prices starting from £1,299pp.†

JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Blimey £1299pp for 7 nights, P&O is getting as expensive as celebrity!
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

You can book now for this extraordinary festival, but they can't tell you who it features?

It's a bit of a gamble. It could feature Jane McDonald or the Worzels!
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

The cast so far are 🥁🥁🥁🥁

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
          You can book now for this extraordinary festival, but they can't tell you who it features?

It's a bit of a gamble. It could feature Jane McDonald or the Worzels!
          Hi Malcom
          It gives some of the names in the E mail,,couldn't read it when I copied it....
          Mostly DJ's like Sara Cox,Alex James or Jo Whiley,,,,a band called Clean Bandit (who?)

ACTS ALREADY CONFIRMED
          CLEAN
          BANDIT
          TREVOR
          NELSON
          SARA
          COX
          CHRIS
          RAMSEY
          JO
          WHILEY
          ALEX
          JAMES
          Prices from £1299
          Done it!!!
          JC
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

I love Clean Bandit

I'm on the maiden, so highly unlikely to do this one too. It sounds quite different and I'm sure it will be very popular with a lot of people.

Of course some people had already booked it, for a lot less than they are charging now. I wonder if they are happy with the announcement of it being a festival at sea ..........................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
              I love Clean Bandit

I'm on the maiden, so highly unlikely to do this one too. It sounds quite different and I'm sure it will be very popular with a lot of people.

Of course some people had already booked it, for a lot less than they are charging now. I wonder if they are happy with the announcement of it being a festival at sea ..........................................Carol
              Result if they want it
              They should be able to sell their booking through a name change.

Comment

Cruisedot are sending us on this....

Garf

Comment

Not heard of most of the acts/DJ's. I'm obviously TOO OLD for the Fjords now!
                  See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                    Not heard of most of the acts/DJ's. I'm obviously TOO OLD for the Fjords now!
                    You jest! Think Radio 2 (maybe P&O's target market??)

Strange date - 4 July - Independence Day in USA ; middle Saturday at Wimbledon; middle of the Euros (football)

Annie
                    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 7th December 2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Having done music cruises the main concern would be the "free for all" approach, the well organised ones make sure the headline act are available to everyone with allocated performances.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                        Hi all
                        Just received an E Mail from P&O,,,naming ceremony on 4th July.
                        Are you interested in Ionafest 2020?
                        Only £1299 for the cheapest cabin!!!
                        Introducing Ionafest 2020

On sale Monday 9 December 2019
                        Some of today’s biggest music artists. An astonishing naming celebration. And to crown it all, Norway’s awe-inspiring fjords as the breathtaking backdrop. Introducing Ionafest 2020: the extraordinary festival experience on our new ship, Iona…
                        YOUR QUESTIONS, ANSWERED Ionafest dates confirmed

On 4-11 July 2020, Iona is hitting the holiday stage with a festival like no other. Kick-starting with a naming celebration to top all introductions, don’t miss out on incredible headline acts, the famous bottle smash, street-food-style pop-ups and enthralling events at every turn. Prices starting from £1,299pp.†

JC
                        Hi JC

Yep got that EMail a few days ago, we get off Iona on 4th July, do you think if I am a good boy they will let me stay on an extra day for the naming ceremony

Hope they have not saved it all for the 4-11th and our cruise the week before, will still have some decent entertainment

Although since booking have found out our cruise is a Strictly Come Dancing cruise, but that only takes place in one venue. 🕺🏾💃😄😎

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Thirteen hundred quid to watch a group of miniscule talented nobodies, stick records on a gramophone and press the play button.

I would want a lot more for my money than that lot...............Wilba
                          Wilba

Comment

Clean Bandit are fabulous, first heard them on the BBC Christmas advert 2017 with 'Symphony'. I bet you would recognise their songs if you heard them...Carol

Comment

I notice you have to pre book to see the acts as many are on simultaneously

It's all included

“What’s more, all acts and Ionafest events are included in the price for Ionafest 2020! As many events are taking place simultaneously across the entire ship, you’ll need to decide which performances and celebrations you wish to attend. Entry will be on a first-come, first-served basis. While we cannot guarantee you will see every chosen act and event, we can promise a once-in-a-lifetime festival experience.“
                              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 8th December 2019, 11:03 AM.
                              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X