• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iona : More details emerge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I'm sailing on Iona at the end of June next year, not in the school holidays. It's a first cruise for my husband and me, it's taken me 30+ years to persuade him to go on a cruise. My parents are coming with us but they are seasoned cruisers.
    I wish it was closer than 11 months!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Mrs B, Gillingham View Post
      I'm sailing on Iona at the end of June next year, not in the school holidays. It's a first cruise for my husband and me, it's taken me 30+ years to persuade him to go on a cruise. My parents are coming with us but they are seasoned cruisers.
      I wish it was closer than 11 months!
      I am sure you will a great time.

      We are going end of June, I understand the cruise will be a Strictly Come Dancing cruise, although I was unaware of this when we booked it.
      Delboy


      Photo Albums

      https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

      or

      https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

      Comment


        #18
        I'm looking forward to seeing her, she looks very stylish from the pictures I have seen, and I can't wait for the maiden ...............................................Car ol

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

          I am sure you will a great time.

          We are going end of June, I understand the cruise will be a Strictly Come Dancing cruise, although I was unaware of this when we booked it.
          27th June for us. Yes I'd heard that some Strictly dancers would be performing, looks like that might only be in the Limelight Club according the website. Mum and I would be interested but not my Dad or my husband.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Mrs B, Gillingham View Post
            I'm sailing on Iona at the end of June next year, not in the school holidays. It's a first cruise for my husband and me, it's taken me 30+ years to persuade him to go on a cruise. My parents are coming with us but they are seasoned cruisers.
            I wish it was closer than 11 months!
            The schools in Scotland close end of June for summer holidays.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

              The schools in Scotland close end of June for summer holidays.
              I didn't realise the holidays were so much earlier in Scotland than England, do they go back to school earlier too?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Mrs B, Gillingham View Post

                I didn't realise the holidays were so much earlier in Scotland than England, do they go back to school earlier too?
                Two of my grandchildren who live in the Highlands of Scotland will return to school on 20 August this year.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

                  Two of my grandchildren who live in the Highlands of Scotland will return to school on 20 August this year.
                  That is late!

                  Teachers back 13th August and pupils return 15th August in my neck of the woods. Traffic gridlock then returns

                  Annie

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

                    Two of my grandchildren who live in the Highlands of Scotland will return to school on 20 August this year.
                    Snap, same with grandson. Whole of Highland Council area (huge area) have an inservice day on the Monday with pupils starting on Tuesday 20th.

                    Only six weeks holiday, I remember we had eight weeks but they get those other two weeks during the rest of the year.

                    Bill


                    Lawnmowerman

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Mrs B, Gillingham View Post

                      27th June for us. Yes I'd heard that some Strictly dancers would be performing, looks like that might only be in the Limelight Club according the website. Mum and I would be interested but not my Dad or my husband.
                      We will be on that one, although we like SCD don’t think we would bother gong to Limelight club to see what will probably only be a couple of dancers.
                      Delboy


                      Photo Albums

                      https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

                      or

                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Mrs B, Gillingham View Post

                        I didn't realise the holidays were so much earlier in Scotland than England, do they go back to school earlier too?
                        Yes they do. This year it’s 14th Aug for Glasgow schools.
                        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                        Comment


                        We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.


                        By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

                        Working...
                        X