• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCL brings forward Final Payment Date to 120 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCL brings forward Final Payment Date to 120 days

Hi All

Certainly for new bookings in the USA effective 18th December 2017, final payment is now 120 days before sailing.

Annie

Hi annie
    i find this shocking. I suppose the other lines will follow. Rediculous having to pay in full 4 months beforehand. X

Comment

Think here in the UK it’s been like that for sometime or maybe it’s dependent upon the Cruise line, the agent or both and I’d just not noticed it in the past. All I know is that Cruise dot are requesting final payment for a Celebrity Cruise 120 days out for our April departure.

Shame though it has to be paid in December as from January 13, it’ll be illegal to levy a credit card fee so that would have saved us a month, but it’ll be interesting to see how that 2.5% fee is reinvented by companies when it’s illegal, maybe higher Cruise prices will be on the horizon as these companies lose an ‘extra’ earner, but as it’s a competitive market, it should be easy to spot, unless of course, all the Cruise agents and Cruise companies increase their base prices by 2.5%, then we’re just think prices have risen naturally!

Comment

Originally posted by zippy99, London View Post
        Think here in the UK it’s been like that for sometime or maybe it’s dependent upon the Cruise line, the agent or both and I’d just not noticed it in the past. All I know is that Cruise dot are requesting final payment for a Celebrity Cruise 120 days out for our April departure.

Shame though it has to be paid in December as from January 13, it’ll be illegal to levy a credit card fee so that would have saved us a month, but it’ll be interesting to see how that 2.5% fee is reinvented by companies when it’s illegal, maybe higher Cruise prices will be on the horizon as these companies lose an ‘extra’ earner, but as it’s a competitive market, it should be easy to spot, unless of course, all the Cruise agents and Cruise companies increase their base prices by 2.5%, then we’re just think prices have risen naturally!
        Interesting.

If I recall correctly, in Germany the date is 42 days prior to sailing and no cc fee.

Annie

Comment

Triggers the cancellations a bit earlier more time to resell more time to discount(for the late booker).

120 days was already on Haven cabins just makes it due for all

Anyone remember a previous Del Rio success Renaissance cruises .

If not happy book through Germany 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by zippy99, London View Post

My guess is, the savvy agents will increase the price then offer a 2.5% discount if paid by debit card............Wilba
            Wilba

Comment

All I know is that Cruise dot are requesting final payment for a Celebrity Cruise 120 days out for our April departure.
              Hi Zippy.
              I have booked a October 18 Celebrity cruise through Cruise. and my due date is 90 days.

My MSC direct booking for April cruise is 64 days.
              JC
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi Zippy.
                I have booked a October 18 Celebrity cruise through Cruise. and my due date is 90 days.

JC
                That’s very interesting JC, is yours a fly cruise or is it Cruise only? Maybe I’ve been wrong to think it’s a cruise driven issue and maybe the flight element is driving our final payment. Anyway depending upon what you say, I might need to have a word with our Cruise dot agent, although we’ve known for a long time that this was the date it needed to be paid by.

The cruise we’ve booked with Celebrity though, has also been booked by our friends with a different agent but they have a further weeks grace in order to pay, so still not 90 days.
                Last edited by zippy99, London; 20th November 2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Zippy.
                  It's cruise only.
                  Sail 5/10,,,,Balance due 7/07.
                  JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/t...ng-conditions/

1.4 Celebrity UK final payment is 57 days.

Comment

I frequently book via the cruise company, and payment dates are simply logged and paid a couple of days before due date.

However one recent cruise had been booked via a TA and their T&Cs were full payment 30 days earlier that cruise company due date so payment had time to clear!!!!!!

Not saying that happens with all TAs but I now check.

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

Yes, we have found we've had to pay earlier with certain TAs... normally we go on the same cruise in Jan, which unfortunately we've had to cancel this year, but there's always a FB page about the cruise, and the difference payment days always come up. Last year we were paying at least a fortnight before others... this year we'd booked with the cruise line and it was 90 days.
                        Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X