• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A body like a Greek God... but a vast behind?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A body like a Greek God... but a vast behind?

Following 'AVastBehind's' NCL Cruise, this is the email we sent out over the weekend - we thought you'd like to see it in case you're not subscribed

Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

Please note: I am currently on maternity leave. Should you have any admin queries, please send a PM to Nisha at sea . Thanks

Robinson Cruisoe, Mrs
    Cruises.co.uk Community Manager

A Body Like a Greek God..............but a Vast Behind

I did see the email and I thought it was rather rude to our esteemed fellow member, after all, a Greek God's Body would have to be thousands of years old I see in the picture that he's eating the Ambrosia and has got a glass of Nectar to wash it down.................even if it's the "Amber Nectar"

Comment

Lovely review and excellent pics. But I still think the ship is quite ugly and definitely too big for us.

Comment

As a solo cruiser, I think it is the last ship I want to cruise - the cabins are too small and who wants a lounge area for solos - not me. No amount of OBC on offer would tempt me on board.

I have done Cirque,Ice Bar and Blue Man group - all on land.

The itinerary is so BORING and , for me, the ship is NOT the destination.

Each to their own

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire Thorn, Fareham View Post
          I did see the email and I thought it was rather rude to our esteemed fellow member, after all, a Greek God's Body would have to be thousands of years old I see in the picture that he's eating the Ambrosia and has got a glass of Nectar to wash it down.................even if it's the "Amber Nectar"

I may well be the Greek God Dionysus, and my body may well be well preserved underneath my Matalan winter range clothes . I was indeed sampling the Amber Nectar, and it was very tasty. I always thought Ambrosia was with milk, and not fried egg??

Comment

Originally posted by A Vast Behind, THATCHAM-SUR-MER View Post
            I may well be the Greek God Dionysus, and my body may well be well preserved underneath my Matalan winter range clothes . I was indeed sampling the Amber Nectar, and it was very tasty. I always thought Ambrosia was with milk, and not fried egg??
            Dionysus is the god of wine - not lager but I suppose a Greek God can sup whatever he likes. I will bow to your superior knowledge of Ambrosia - as a mere mortal, my experience of Ambrosia is limited to custard and rice pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Hampshire Thorn, Fareham View Post
              Dionysus is the god of wine - not lager but I suppose a Greek God can sup whatever he likes. I will bow to your superior knowledge of Ambrosia - as a mere mortal, my experience of Ambrosia is limited to custard and rice pudding.
              Hi Hampshire Thorn - I found this .......... DIONYSOS (or Dionysus) was the great Olympian god of wine, vegetation, pleasure and festivity. He was depicted as either an older bearded god or a pretty effeminate, long-haired youth. His attributes included the thyrsos (a pine-cone tipped staff), drinking cup, leopard and fruiting vine. He was usually accompanied by a troop of Satyrs and Mainades (female devotees or nymphs).
              Some of it i like, but the effeminate bit I may pass on. I have devotees who follow me in the form of my bank manager and the taxman.

Comment

Ha ha, I like your humour AVB. I think the bank manager and taxman will be flogging a dead horse though, it's rumoured that Mount Olympus is taking in lodgers to fend off the financial crisis.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X