• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCL pull Jewel from Australia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCL pull Jewel from Australia

They are not saying why but probably don't want the hassle.

Was due to be there for the winter pulled 6 months off the schedules.

Maybe other lines will pull out untill the Australians see sense.

Leave P&O Aus to pick up the pieces.

Wonder where they will.put her instead or is she destined for cold lay up?
    Sailed on her in the Med just over 10 years ago .Enjoyed the cruise and the ship particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant and the Cirque Bijou show

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
      They are not saying why but probably don't want the hassle.

Was due to be there for the winter pulled 6 months off the schedules.

Maybe other lines will pull out untill the Australians see sense.

Leave P&O Aus to pick up the pieces.
      Not sure what hassle you’re referring to TD, but I do recall meeting up with the Jewel a long time back. She was berthed at Dover and we joined her for a weekend of inaugural celebrations in Aug 2005, I’ve just found the brochure! A brand new ship and with very colourful Interiors....bit too much so for us. But I do recall, apart from the very rough crossing back from Amsterdam, the beautiful and elegant Tsars Palace MDR at the rear of the ship. Seated next to the rear wall of windows we enjoyed our dinner viewing our sedate passage down the canal and after that seeing the pilot boat bobbing around on the boiling sea like a demented cork as it tried to see us off.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

Not sure what hassle you’re referring to TD, but I do recall meeting up with the Jewel a long time back. She was berthed at Dover and we joined her for a weekend of inaugural celebrations in Aug 2005, I’ve just found the brochure! A brand new ship and with very colourful Interiors....bit too much so for us. But I do recall, apart from the very rough crossing back from Amsterdam, the beautiful and elegant Tsars Palace MDR at the rear of the ship. Seated next to the rear wall of windows we enjoyed our dinner viewing our sedate passage down the canal and after that seeing the pilot boat bobbing around on the boiling sea like a demented cork as it tried to see us off.
        I could be wrong but I think TD is referring to the Australian authorities. After the Ruby Princess incident, I don't think Australia is too keen on cruise ships just now.

Annie

Comment

That and the unions stirring things up best to just keep away.

For NCL I think they are quite dependent on pax travelling into the area and don't make enough off the locals.

Comment

Let's hope they will be decide they don't want QE and she comes back to where she belongs.
            Jo

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X