• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCL Tarragona....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topdeck, London
    started a topic NCL Tarragona....

NCL Tarragona....

Doing a bit of research for next year I spotted that NCL are going to use Tarragona for 2 of their itinerary, Star 15n TA and the following 12n(1 sea day) cruise to Venice.

Costa and some of the smaller lines use it more, embarkation and visit..

I had to look it up and it gets three mentions on here.

This could be an interesting alternative to BCN and opens up Reus as a flight option from the UK.

I think most have BCN sorted for flights hotels and transfers(fixed price taxi) etc.

Anyone experience of using Rues and getting to the town/port?

For now the cruise prices are silly high but we nearly always have a gap April May to fill

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Hi Topdeck
    I've been to Tarragona a few times,,,,As a PoC on Thomson ships,,a day trip from Salou/Cambrils and for a weekend break from Barcelona.
    Depending on the dock (its a large dock area) you can be almost in the town or as we have been,a shuttle bus ride away.

To be honest there is not much to see in Tarragona itself,,,the Roman Amphitheatre near the centre, the Balcon de Europe with great views,,,there is a Roman Aqueduct on the edge of town.
    Its very much a working town with not many decent hotels,mainly Hostels,,,but plenty of Tapas Bars etc,,,a real Spanish town.

Most trips from Tarragona go to Salou or Sitges,,,or for wine lovers the vinyardes of the Penedes region,for the cellars of Cordonui or Torres,,,,my wifes favourite cheap wine is Torres Vina Sol!!!

For the weekend we flew to Barcelon then train from Barcelona Sants to Tarragona.

Reus is easy from Tarragona,,,buses meet the flights,,,,its mainly used by Ryanair who class it as Barcelona or charter airclraft by the holiday companies for Salou or Sitges.
    Its a small airport but the joy of flying there used to be,,,,it was a military airfield and night flights were banned,so every flight was a day flight.
    JC

Leave a comment:

• toshtosh, Guiseley
    replied
    Although we didn't consider Tarragona as a cruise port at the time, we spent a few days post cruise in that area last year. It is a mid size city and well worth considering as a short break stop and I can see no reason it wouldn't make a suitable cruise terminal. Reus is an easy drive and I suspect there will be plenty of transport options to Tarragona (We had a hire car). Alternatively there is a train service from Barcelona.

Anybody visiting Tarragona will have a pleasant day there. The best way around is the tourist train which has a hop-on service and stops at all the main tourist sites. These include a reasonable roman site, a converted bullring and an old (medieval) town. It is also famous for the human tower competition every other year.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...etition-spain/

For those wanting a more traditional Spanish Resort experience Salou is nearby.

It is a simple drive (about an hour) from Barcelona or about 2 hours from Barcelona airport by train (one change needed).

Cheers

Tony B

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X