• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galaxy Disco Restaurant on MSC Preziosa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy Disco Restaurant on MSC Preziosa

I'm sailing on MSC Preziosa next month and I noticed on the website that they have speciality dining in the Galaxy Disco which is supposedly fusion sushi.

I've searched and searched online but I cannot find a single review of this. No photos, no menus, nothing!

Has anyone tried the sushi at the Galaxy Disco restaurant? Does anyone have a menu, pricing, or any feedback about the food at all? I love sushi so I'm very tempted by this, but we're in Yacht Club and have a pretty good standard of food anyway, so I wouldn't want to pay for something if the general consensus is that it's rubbish!

I'm hoping one of the resident MSC experts on here might have some experience!

Hi Duncan
    I'm not an MSC expert...bit I can do Google.
    We've been on Preziosa and didn't know this was onboard.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...5&postcount=27

Hope that helps
    Garfield

Comment

Hi Duncan, this is of the identical space on Divina:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BWPAt43Sk

If you google galaxy restaurant msc divina there's lots of stuff about it (Divina's been in the US for so long and they tend to post a lot on CC!)

Comment

Thanks Garfield! I don't know how I didn't find that. I tried so many different searches on CC with no success. 🤦🏼*♂️

Appreciate your input. Nice to see the menu; it doesn't really look like there's much sushi on there at all, and seems expensive.

I don't know why they don't have more information about this on their website. It's infuriating!

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
          Hi Duncan, this is of the identical space on Divina:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BWPAt43Sk

If you google galaxy restaurant msc divina there's lots of stuff about it (Divina's been in the US for so long and they tend to post a lot on CC!)
          Thanks Tim. Problem with the Divina coverage is that the food is totally different on that ship. They have a luxury brunch (which would be amazing!), then a mediterranean evening. Only Preziosa has Sushi in this space.

I wonder if these ships have just given up the nightclub space? There weren't many people up there on Splendida so I'm not surprised. Either that or they have the club going while people are tucking into their dinner... 🤔

Comment

Ah yes, didn't think of that!

Agree the nightclub is never very well used on these ships, with it being up out of the way etc. I seem to recall reading they'd put something up there on Splendida for her China cruises, but can't be 100% sure

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
              Thanks Tim. Problem with the Divina coverage is that the food is totally different on that ship. They have a luxury brunch (which would be amazing!), then a mediterranean evening. Only Preziosa has Sushi in this space.

I wonder if these ships have just given up the nightclub space? There weren't many people up there on Splendida so I'm not surprised. Either that or they have the club going while people are tucking into their dinner... 🤔
              I haven't tried the Galaxy restaurant, but it only opens for a couple of hours and never seems busy. It closes about 9pm and then the nightclub opens about 10pm.

As with all the Fantasia class ships, the speciality restaurants on Preziosa tend to be limited and not their strength - poor ambience and undersubscribed.

Summary here:

MSC Preziosa Cruise Ship | Dining Room Options

Without doubt the YC restaurant is the best option - often featuring dishes from the speciality restaurants.

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

Originally posted by toshtosh, Guiseley View Post
                I haven't tried the Galaxy restaurant, but it only opens for a couple of hours and never seems busy. It closes about 9pm and then the nightclub opens about 10pm.

As with all the Fantasia class ships, the speciality restaurants on Preziosa tend to be limited and not their strength - poor ambience and undersubscribed.

Summary here:

MSC Preziosa Cruise Ship | Dining Room Options

Without doubt the YC restaurant is the best option - often featuring dishes from the speciality restaurants.

Cheers

Tony B
                I think you're probably right - YC restaurant is probably the best place to stay!

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
                  I think you're probably right - YC restaurant is probably the best place to stay!

Thanks for the information.
                  Different ship, but on Fantasia we were able to use our black card dinner at lunch time in the Tex Mex - we didn't want to miss a YC dinner either - might be worth trying the speciality at lunch one day?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X