• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC Voyagers Club discounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSC Voyagers Club discounts

We often look on the MSC Voyagers Club discounts and we were wondering how they are chosen and when they get updated. Obviously there are funny repo ones but others on there dont always follow a pattern or a price structure.

The Voyagers section is odd because it doesnt let you search

Originally posted by andyjbrum, Birmingham View Post
    We often look on the MSC Voyagers Club discounts and we were wondering how they are chosen and when they get updated. Obviously there are funny repo ones but others on there dont always follow a pattern or a price structure.

The Voyagers section is odd because it doesnt let you search
    Does the discount not increase on cruises that are not selling?

Annie

Comment

Like Annie, I would assume that MSC will offer discounts on cruises that are not selling well or have a track record of sailing under capacity. It's a clever system really because those who simply want to be at sea might not care about itinerary so why not take a lower fare that feels like a special deal.

Presumably it's win-win for MSC or they wouldn't be doing it!
      Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

As a regular checker and user of these discounts it seems as if the 5+5 deals cover most of the off peak cruises for the foreseeable future. The 5+15 are more difficult to define, but include repo cruises, currently a lot to and from Brazil, and these oddball cruises at the beginning or end of a cycle. Otherwise I assume they are the equivalent of laterooms, i.e. filling undersubsribed cruise.

As regards how often to check MSC never publicise these offers so I suggest if you have a slot to fill in your cruising plans have a look to see if there is anything suitable about once a week.

The only way to check is through the link on VC pages and scroll by date.

I have posted a couple of the ones I have seen recently.

Also note that some of the offers have strange start points, where the price from a more usual port in the itinerary can be much higher, even before the discount.
        Also note that VC discounts are only on the cruise element, not flights if included.

Currently a couple to note are Preziosa next autumn around UK and North Sea cruises, and Fantasia re-positioning from Copenhagen to Genoa. (5+15).

cheers

Tony B

Comment

I've tried to encourage Andy on the Fantasia repositioning ;-)

I think they must do a bulk upload of cruises in the VC as some weeks there is very little then other weeks there are lots of potentials

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X