• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC introduces a humanoid bartender.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

It’s a bit of fun. We tried something similar on Symphony a couple of years ago and it was ok for one drink. We never went back to it. You can’t beat a bit of interaction with a bar tender 🍹
    Exactly, it was quite fun to watch for a bit, but not something you would go back to time and again. Unless of course there were massive queues everywhere else!! ...................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

Exactly, it was quite fun to watch for a bit, but not something you would go back to time and again. Unless of course there were massive queues everywhere else!! ...................................Carol
      Queues when you have to wear a mask ??

Annie

Comment

Speaking of masks, Annie, I read yesterday that the UK is now recommending wearing
        TWO masks, a surgical one and a cotton one over it. Conversely the Spanish
        government has banned the sale of cotton masks. (And masks are mandatory here at
        all times - even sitting - when you are outside your own home, unless physicallyl eating or
        taking a sip of a drink.) Think Germany has banned cotton masks also, don't know for sure.

HazMat suits, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post
          Speaking of masks, Annie, I read yesterday that the UK is now recommending wearing
          government has banned the sale of cotton masks. (And masks are mandatory here at
          all times - even sitting - when you are outside your own home, unless physicallyl eating or
          taking a sip of a drink.) Think Germany has banned cotton masks also, don't know for sure.

HazMat suits, anyone?
          Not the UK but USA's CDC recommend double masking. Good luck with that - most Americans it is reported are reluctant to wear a mask.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
            Is this the beginning of the end for human crew?
            They have Robot "Arms" that serve drinks on some RCI ships. The sceptical amused me for two minutes.

I saw engineers regularly having to tweak the programme.

I bet the cost of buying a Robot and maintaining it, is a LOT MORE than paying a third world crew member!
            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

They have Robot "Arms" that serve drinks on some RCI ships. The sceptical amused me for two minutes.

I bet the cost of buying a Robot and maintaining it, is a LOT MORE than paying a third world crew member!
              My comment was very much tongue in cheek. I probably should have added a smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post

HazMat suits, anyone?
                We were talking to sister in law in Germany this morning and she confirmed that cotton masks are banned there.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

How would a robot know how how I like my pina colada?

Comment

If this gimmick cannot tell you the best bar in the next port, or where to catch the bus to the next resort there is no point in entertaining it, and there is no point in talking to a lump of tin, Oh I forgot I talk to my car, but that's different :-D
                    Last edited by PropShaft, Palatine of Lancashire; 15th February 2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X