• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC: First Crystal Cabin at Sea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MSC: First Crystal Cabin at Sea

    Hi All

    Pickd up from the other place:

    https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/4426/

    Does a crystal cabin appeal to you??

    Annie

    #2
    I can take it or leave it, it wouldn't make me want that cabin but if it was all that was available then I would book it. I have seen the crystal staircase on Meraviglia which was sparkly, and I quite like a bit of sparkle, but something more subtle in a cabin is my taste...Carol

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
      Hi All

      Pickd up from the other place:

      https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/4426/

      Does a crystal cabin appeal to you??

      Annie
      It's a marketing tool to attract early bookers, Take it or leave it is my view.

      John

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
        I can take it or leave it, it wouldn't make me want that cabin but if it was all that was available then I would book it. I have seen the crystal staircase on Meraviglia which was sparkly, and I quite like a bit of sparkle, but something more subtle in a cabin is my taste...Carol
        JMO i think the sparkly staircase looks tacky and is a H&S hazard. All these cruisers taking selfies. What will they do when the fad for crystal passes??

        Each to their own.

        Annie
        Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 7th September 2019, 09:23 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          In a word, no it doesn't appeal. I like sparkle, but don't want to live with it.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
            Hi All
            Does a crystal cabin appeal to you??

            Annie
            No................Wilba
            Wilba

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
              Hi All

              Pickd up from the other place:

              https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/4426/

              Does a crystal cabin appeal to you??

              Annie
              Nope. I guess it only sparkles when bright lights shine on it - not good in a cabin if you have to have bright lights on all night.

              Besides if crystal turns you you can get some crystal earrings from Argos for less than a Fiver!

              Comment


                #8
                Nope..it's on an MSC ship.

                Garf

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                  Nope..it's on an MSC ship.

                  Garf
                  You really have gone off them

                  Annie

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It's probably been designed specifically for Carol (Welwyn Garden City).

                    I think she loves a bit of Crystal?
                    See my cruise blog: HERE

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Ooooo I love a bit of bling but sadly hubby won’t try MSC.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                        Ooooo I love a bit of bling but sadly hubby won’t try MSC.
                        Any particular reason?

                        Admittedly we go in the YC but we like MSC

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

                          Any particular reason?

                          Admittedly we go in the YC but we like MSC
                          I've never tried MSC myself yet, but the YC is not exactly cheep and non-YC reviews are normally mediocre at best.

                          All the other major cruise lines seem to offer a better 'standard' product, than MSC do.
                          See my cruise blog: HERE

                          Comment


                            #14
                            It's one cabin in the whole fleet, similar to the Sophia Loren suite on MSC Divina - if it was available an a cruise I wanted to do in YC then I might book it, but I wouldn't set my heart that it had to be that cabin

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                              It's one cabin in the whole fleet, similar to the Sophia Loren suite on MSC Divina - if it was available an a cruise I wanted to do in YC then I might book it, but I wouldn't set my heart that it had to be that cabin
                              I recall that Royal Caribbean had a Ben and Jerry's suite, much better idea

                              John

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X