• Ahoy there! Why not join the UKโ€™s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC VIrgin tries out Bellissima.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post

If you log in to your booking you'll see a tab called booking details it will show on there
    Oh, thank you very much,I'll give it a go .................................................. .......Carol

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post

If you log in to your booking you'll see a tab called booking details it will show on there
      Perfect, thank you .................................................. ......................Carol

Comment

Really enjoyed this summary Topdeck.. Good of you to take the time to do it, I couldn't manage a blog, so I admire those of you who do

I know you got to meet up with Duncan and Alix, but did you get to meet (Nicola) Half-pint? I wonder what her final thoughts were on her first cruise?

Comment

Thanks for writing TD, interesting read. I still donโ€™t think a ship that size is my cup of tea, but to each their own. From all the pictures Duncan posted I felt that the food looked incredibly BEIGE; Ilike my veggies as well as my meat. With all the walking around the ship did you actually lose weight? ๐Ÿ˜œ I remember my late mum saying how far it was for her and my aunt to walk on the Carnival Dream some years ago in the Med. I can see that being a problem for people as they get that bit older (not that you are old! ๐Ÿ˜˜) . I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the weather on our Baltic Cruise this summer actually lets us dock in St Petersburg this time so I can walk some of the food off.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Very interesting summary. Thank you TD.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
              So good of TD to make the effort when he really didn't need to as he paid for himself...Carol
              Thanks...

I don't do all my trips as many are on known(to me) quantities and run of the mill trips.
              Also most trips I don't have internet(I try to get away from it) on this one my friends kindly shared their package and I had cheap data in the ports.

This was a trial trip for us to test out MSC a new experience worth sharing as we saw it through totally fresh eyes, being a new ship people were interested in added to the value of sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                Thanks for writing TD, interesting read. I still donโ€™t think a ship that size is my cup of tea, but to each their own. From all the pictures Duncan posted I felt that the food looked incredibly BEIGE; Ilike my veggies as well as my meat. With all the walking around the ship did you actually lose weight? ๐Ÿ˜œ I remember my late mum saying how far it was for her and my aunt to walk on the Carnival Dream some years ago in the Med. I can see that being a problem for people as they get that bit older (not that you are old! ๐Ÿ˜˜) . I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the weather on our Baltic Cruise this summer actually lets us dock in St Petersburg this time so I can walk some of the food off.

Take care, Helen
                I don't eat as much these days, I do have the odd day where I may go crazy starting with the fry up , then a big lunch, snacks and decent dinner.
                I broke even more from the 20k step days ashore that the days on the ship.
                With portion control on ships to reduce waste I think you just have to ask for the extra veg portions these days.

I don't tend to comment much on special needs like food and mobility as often it is very personal and you can't cover everyone.
                For someone that can get about a regular cabin(eg. the step to the shower) but struggles with lots of longer walks then the YC is very compact and has a lift between the decks so can be very accommodating, there was one access cabin for someone that needs the no step shower.
                Also close to the YC complex(via lift) there is the theatre and a couple of bars/entertainment.

Not sure how a wheelchair would cope when the ship gets very busy some corridors like the upper level where the pub is are quite narrow.

Comment

Thanks for this very useful information.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X