• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC Passengers Quarantined at LGW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilba
    started a topic MSC Passengers Quarantined at LGW

MSC Passengers Quarantined at LGW

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-47466627

• 1fifthavenue, birmingham
    replied
    From a thread over in 'the other place'

We were aboard the Virgin Atlantic / MSC charter flight VS610 returning from Barbados on the 6th March which was quarantined at Gatwick Airport on arrival. The plane carried 451 passengers from the MSC Preziosa, some had contracted a cough which is not unusual on a cruise in the winter season. Some reflected saying their cough was not that uncommon due their experience with hot/cold with air conditioning whilst others had obvious contracted a virus. About 20 people were currently affected and others had already had and were recovering from the coughing virus.

Aside from the passengers complaint 5 Virgin Atlantic Cabin staff had became ill with a gastro illness obviously unrelated to the MSC passenger and this was never mentioned on the plane by the Captain's announcements only that the whole problem was cruise ship related. When in the holding are we were told by the medical team that the quarantine was due to the presence of suspected Norovirus. The Virgin staff were not quarantined with the MSC passengers and little or no information was given to us of their whereabouts.

Following the event we were eventually released 4 hours later to a turmoil of baggage reclaim with little or no help from Virgin Staff. The news report that followed the event implied that the problem lied at the door of MSC with no mention of the real cause of the problem - the Norovrus contracted by the Virgin Crew.

I hope that the stated review by the Gatwick Authorities of the events of the VS610 will identify the real culprits of the health hazard.

Leave a comment:

• Jocap, Cumbria
    replied
    I've wondered before how people with Noro from a ship coped with flying home- I remember a couple of people with it at Southampton, who should have been on our chartered coach, but had to return in a taxi (400 miles!)- but we had our TA with us, and he sorted all that.
    Whatever the illness with these cruisers, it must be a fast working one for cabin crew to go down with it in the flight.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    MSC PREZIOSA

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Clue is in the thread title and the BBC link.

Leave a comment:

• jan lowden, sunderland (2)
    replied
    Rumour I heard on FB was its a MSC ship, But knowing FB its probably wrong. Jan.

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied
    I wondered what the cruise line was. Not nice for anyone 😢

Leave a comment:

• carol, welwyn garden city
    replied
    Yes I just read this, it also said some of the plane cabin crew became ill too, very scary .................................................. .Carol

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Just read this, worrying as always. Hope everyone is ok 🤞

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X