• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSC cruises classes of ship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSC cruises classes of ship

Hi all,
    I've written a new post for my blog and thought I'd share it on here as well - might be of use to anyone who reads the forums and wants to find out more about the ships.

We've sailed at least once on at least one of the ships in each class of the fleet, so we're in the fortunate position of being able to compare

https://timthorpetravel.com/2019/01/...he-difference/

An excellent summary.

Our favourites are the Fantasia Class ( we have been on all 4 ships) but the Seaside is excellent as well.

Thanks

Tony B

Comment

Thank you, that's very interesting, and the bigger ships look quite spectacular ...........................................Carol

Comment

Thanks Tim. Although I am not a fan of MSC, I do take an interest in all of the popular cruise lines, so I found your summary very informative. I have only sailed on Opera back in 2012, which I did enjoy because I was with a group of friends and the itinerary was the attraction (Black Sea).
        Jill

Comment

Good summary, thanks Tim

John

Comment

Well done Tim, nice job!
            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

A great comparison of the classes of MSC ships.

Like you I have been on all the classes, taking 18 cruises totaling 163 nights

CLASS IN ITALICS
              ships I've been on in unitalized font

A) LIRICA Lirica x 1, Opera x 3, Sinfonia x 2

B) MUSICA Musica x 1, Orchestra x 4, Magnifica x 1

C) FANTASIA Splendida x 3, Davina x 1(YC only)

D ) MERAVIGLIA Meraviglia x 1(YC only)

E) SEASIDE Seaview x 1

until recently my favourite class was the Musica class. but now I am very impressed with the Seaside class which is a fantastic design, ( we were in an Aurea cabin which has some nice privileges)

On the flip side I am on record saying I'd only go on a Meraviglia class in a YC cabin, and I still stand by that ,

Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 13th January 2019, 04:20 PM. Reason: corrected "FANTASTICA " TO "FANTASIA " IN THE C) CLASS
              Pete

sigpic
              If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
                A great comparison of the classes of MSC ships.

Like you I have been on all the classes, taking 18 cruises totaling 163 nights

CLASS IN ITALICS
                ships I've been on in unvitalized font

A) LIRICA Lirica x 1, Opera x 3, Sinfonia x 2

B) MUSICA Musica x 1, Orchestra x 4, Magnifica x 1

C) FANTASTICA Splendida x 3, Davina x 1(YC only)

D ) MERAVIGLIA Meraviglia x 1(YC only)

E) SEASIDE Seaview x 1

until recently my favourite class was the Musica class. but now I am very impressed with the Seaside class which is a fantastic design, ( we were in an Aurea cabin which has some nice privileges)

On t he flip side I am on record saying I'd only go on a Meraviglia class in a YC cabin, and I still stand by that ,

i think I'm inclined to agree with you Pete, we've totted up a similar number of cruises and nights (20 cruises and about 145 nights)

Seaview is probably our favourite, and we've cruised both 'standard' (Fantastica, when we saw you on the maiden) and YC on her we've also booked the maiden voyage of Grandiosa but YC. We did enjoy MEraviglia but did find the lack of seating a pain

Comment

We are going On Fantasia in May so interesting reading for me. We have been on Divina, Preziosa and Seaview so far. It will be our third time in the Yacht Club. We are sailing out of Marsailles this time. We have booked our flights but still need to book hotels before and after our cruise.
                  Last edited by ilovesunshine, east yorks; 13th January 2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                    We are going On Fantasia in May so interesting reading for me. We have been on Divina, Preziosa and Seaview so far. It will be our third time in the Yacht Club. We are sailing out of Marsailles this time. We have booked our flights but still need to book hotels before and after our cruise.
                    I can recommend the Grand Hotel Beavau by the old port

Comment

Thank you. I will have a lo9k. We just have one night before the cruise. Our flight arrives in Marsailles quite late so we may stay near the airport. We have 3 nights after the cruise. Though we might go to Aix or Arles as we haven't been before.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                        Thank you. I will have a lo9k. We just have one night before the cruise. Our flight arrives in Marsailles quite late so we may stay near the airport. We have 3 nights after the cruise. Though we might go to Aix or Arles as we haven't been before.
                        Aix is absolutely beautiful with a good restaurant scene. Not been to Arles yet but it looks very inviting

Comment

Great summary to help choose future trips.
                          Going to piggy back a question on Marseilles logistics,
                          On Belissima from Southampton the options were Marseilles or Genoa the logistics for Genoa don't look good so we will be trying Marseilles for the first time.
                          Flying back same day(turns out now we could have done a few days) any other options for the transfer that may be better than what MSC will offer.
                          There are quite a few cruise options for Marseilles considering it for future trips when price is competitive against other ports if the logistics are smooth

Comment

Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
                            ....but now I am very impressed with the Seaside class which is a fantastic design.

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post

Seaview is probably our favourite, and we've cruised both 'standard' (Fantastica, when we saw you on the maiden)
                            We were also very impressed with Seaview and it wasn't until I read your blog that I discovered that they are building another. I was under the impression they were only building 2 so that is good to hear.
                            www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Thanks Tim.Nice summary.Having only tried Splendida so far I'm keen to try other classes.Would also love to try YC sometime

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X