• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Black Watch" refurbishment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by TRESHNISH, OBAN View Post
    First ever cruise - am I likely to regret the lower tonnage of the Black Watch when
    crossing from Barbados to Southampton ?
    No. Black Watch is a proper ocean-going ship. But if it gets really rough you can always watch the water in the main swimming pool sloshing back and forth - it sometimes splashes down on the deck above!

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by TRESHNISH, OBAN View Post
      First ever cruise - am I likely to regret the lower tonnage of the Black Watch when
      crossing from Barbados to Southampton ?
      Great choice - She a wonderful freindly and charming ship. She's fairly stable so unless the seas are very unkind, you should be fine.

      I doubt that it will be your last cruise or even your last Olsen cruise!
      See my cruise blog: HERE

      Comment


        #33
        has the croaking frog from the old garden cafe gone to the big pond in the sky?

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by kris, llanelli View Post
          has the croaking frog from the old garden cafe gone to the big pond in the sky?
          I'd forgotten about the frog. Now I'm really worried - I hope it's being looked after.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by TRESHNISH, OBAN View Post
            First ever cruise - am I likely to regret the lower tonnage of the Black Watch when
            crossing from Barbados to Southampton ?
            I have crossed the Atlantic several time on the "Black Watch". She is a very stable and delightful ship.

            Comment


              #36
              Black Watch is very stable and a very comfortable ship. My favourite was always the Prince but now it is the Black watch Blitz Poole

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by blitz, poole View Post
                Black Watch is very stable and a very comfortable ship. My favourite was always the Prince but now it is the Black watch Blitz Poole
                I too liked the Black Prince but I sailed on her through the Irish Sea and the Bay of Biscay and it is an experience I wouldn't want to repeat! It didn't stop me from liking the BP overall though! Small and cosy!

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Dave, Whitstable View Post
                  I'd forgotten about the frog. Now I'm really worried - I hope it's being looked after.
                  Or else it is on that great big lily pad in the sky, looking down on us.
                  sigpic
                  Tiggertom
                  shaken, not purred

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I too had forgotten about the frog. Can someone tell us whats happened to it.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      maybe it was kissed by a gorgeous blonde, turned into a Prince and lived happily ever after

                      Comment


                        #41
                        lifeboats

                        Does anyone know which cabins are now affected by the new lifeboats? We are booked into cabin 8809 on Bridge deck and would appreciate any info
                        Kathy

                        Comment


                          #42
                          We are going on the Black Watch in a few weeks time and after seeing those lovely photographs I can't wait.
                          Let me know where to look for Mr Frog and I will let you know if he is still there:-)

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by lakeslady, Kendal View Post
                            We are going on the Black Watch in a few weeks time and after seeing those lovely photographs I can't wait.
                            Let me know where to look for Mr Frog and I will let you know if he is still there:-)
                            Hi Lakeslady
                            Mr Frog was in the Secret Garden restaurant which was the alternative to the Glentanar. In the refurb the layout has been changed but I am sure if you ask they will tell you. Will you let us know please cos we are getting a bit worried. Thanks
                            T
                            sigpic
                            Tiggertom
                            shaken, not purred

                            Comment


                              #44
                              The frog was in the pond in the Garden Cafe. We are going in a few weeks so I'll find out myself.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by sue, southwell View Post
                                The frog was in the pond in the Garden Cafe. We are going in a few weeks so I'll find out myself.
                                We have just returned from Black Watch cruise to Canaries. Improvements to Garden Cafe are good. Pond is still there so is frog. But overall I think the standards have fallen. Although maybe if the weather had been better and the sea hadn't been so rough perhaps I would feel differently.

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X