• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Black Watch" refurbishment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    "Black Watch" refurbishment

    It was good to learn that the "Black Watch" docking in December has been extended to carry out an extensive refurbishment of many of the public areas. An extended self-service restaurant is to be created. It is probably my favourite of the Fred. Olsen fleet but it has looked a trifle "tired" in places so this makeover will be welcomed by most "regulars".

    #2
    I think this might answer the questions about a replacement for the Black Watch

    Comment


      #3
      Boudicca is of course an almost identical ship to Black Watch, but was Olsen-ized more recently, so she looks quite contemorary in places. I'm pleased that BW will get a spruce up to. Two very charming, intimate ships.
      See my cruise blog: HERE

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Parsman, Ashford View Post
        It was good to learn that the "Black Watch" docking in December has been extended to carry out an extensive refurbishment of many of the public areas. An extended self-service restaurant is to be created. It is probably my favourite of the Fred. Olsen fleet but it has looked a trifle "tired" in places so this makeover will be welcomed by most "regulars".
        My favourite too. But the refurbishment was not such good news for us...

        We'd booked the 8-night Christmas Markets cruise which became a 5-night cruise owing to the refurbishment overrunning. So we cancelled.

        Then we booked the Canada cruise on Balmoral instead - and got a really great deal!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Dave, Whitstable View Post
          My favourite too. But the refurbishment was not such good news for us...

          We'd booked the 8-night Christmas Markets cruise which became a 5-night cruise owing to the refurbishment overrunning. So we cancelled.

          Then we booked the Canada cruise on Balmoral instead - and got a really great deal!
          Swings and roundabouts,,, dave :D
          m
          life is great :D

          Comment


            #6
            great news I am going on her for the first time next may ,it can't come quick enough

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by graham edwards, new eltham View Post
              great news I am going on her for the first time next may ,it can't come quick enough
              Then you might be interested in the 'Let's vote on the best cruise ship' thread in which I've praised Black Watch.
              http://www.cruises.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1205

              On the other hand, you might be interested in the 'Rough Seas' thread which has links to a video of her lurching around like crazy. :o
              http://www.cruises.co.uk/showthread.php?t=405

              Comment


                #8
                That link is of Balmoral in January. Much bigger ship.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Berkshire Lass, Berkshire View Post
                  That link is of Balmoral in January. Much bigger ship.
                  Did you notice how careful I was to say 'thread', Berkshire Lass?

                  I know the first photo is of Balmoral (I posted it) - and many of the first few posts are about Balmoral. But if you follow the thread, you'll get to the bits about Black Watch.

                  Having been on both Balmoral and Black Watch recently I can indeed confirm that Balmoral is the bigger!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    black watch

                    We were hoping to go on the Black Watch next Spring is this not now possible. When will she back in service. Blitz Poole

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by blitz, poole View Post
                      We were hoping to go on the Black Watch next Spring is this not now possible. When will she back in service. Blitz Poole
                      Back in service on 14th December 2009 - no need to panic! ;)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        black watch

                        Originally posted by Dave, Whitstable View Post
                        Back in service on 14th December 2009 - no need to panic! ;)
                        thanks dave

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Black Watch at Barbados

                          - today, 30th. December 2009










                          A bit rusty, dear me!

                          .
                          Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Aplmac, Barbados View Post
                            - today, 30th. December 2009










                            A bit rusty, dear me!
                            .
                            Needs some TLC and a lick of paint

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
                              Needs some TLC and a lick of paint
                              Looks like they only refurbished the inside!

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X