• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred 2021 Indicative Plans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annie, Glasgow
    started a topic Fred 2021 Indicative Plans

Fred 2021 Indicative Plans

Hi All

For Fred fans, picked this up from Travel Weekly:

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/artic...-on-resumption

No big surprises.

Annie

• Smith7
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi Jill
    They haven't given you one of those Terrace Balconies have they?,,,,,i dont think a cabin that opens up to the Promenade deck can be called a balcony.

I'm waiting for the Borealis sailings from Liverpool to come out,,,,i still have my eye on the Round Ireland cruise.
    JC
    No JC. It's on deck 6. The balcony that was booked on Boudicca was a balcony suite but with a restricted view. On the newer Bolette, I've got a bigger cabin with an unrestricted view.

I think the Terrace cabins just open up to the promenade on deck 3.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied

Hi Jill
    They haven't given you one of those Terrace Balconies have they?,,,,,i dont think a cabin that opens up to the Promenade deck can be called a balcony.

I'm waiting for the Borealis sailings from Liverpool to come out,,,,i still have my eye on the Round Ireland cruise.
    JC
    My memory might not be up to par here, but I seem to remember the Amsterdam didn't have any non suite category, balcony cabins. The had Lanai cabins which opened onto a Promenade deck. These might be the ones termed ''terrace cabins''.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied

Hi Jill

JC
    Hi JC

That cabin was graded a Lanai OV in the HAL system - definitely not a balcony.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
    I'm not booked on Bolette's maiden voyage but I am booked on a July cruise. My booking was originally on Boudicca and was transferred to Bolette 3 weeks ago.
    I was allocated a good balcony cabin amidships at a lower price than is being advertised today, which is a result.
    Hi Jill

JC

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    I'm not booked on Bolette's maiden voyage but I am booked on a July cruise. My booking was originally on Boudicca and was transferred to Bolette 3 weeks ago.
    I was allocated a good balcony cabin amidships at a lower price than is being advertised today, which is a result.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Hi Annie
    only £1000 each for a Terrace Balcony.
    JC
    Hi JC

That is cheaper than a solo inside cabin!

Any DP??

How much use of a balcony will there be of the western and northern coasts of the UK in March??

I was lucky enough to land on Staffa late May bank holiday weekend - the 1st landing of the year and we only sailed from Iona.

At least the ship will have a covered pool

Annie

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    The Bolette maiden cruise has been announced:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/port...ns-newest-ship

Isle of Staffa in March - good luck with that. How sad - no landing on Staffa - the puffins are great btw!

Annie
    Hi Annie
    only £1000 each for a Terrace Balcony.
    JC

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    The Bolette maiden cruise has been announced:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/port...ns-newest-ship

Isle of Staffa in March - good luck with that. How sad - no landing on Staffa - the puffins are great btw!

Annie
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 7th September 2020, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    A little update from Fred.

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/newships

we intend for Braemar, Borealis and Bolette to start sailing from March and April 2021, and Balmoral even sooner!

Fred still have the Balmoral Dec onward cruises in the schedule so a bit of watch this space as some of those are not going to happen but could get replaced with more realistic itinerary.

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Who would have thought, at the start of this crisis in March, that this would have impacted so heavily on the cruise industry for this length of time.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X