• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
    My friend and I realise that our forthcoming cruise to Canada/US will not happen in September so have been looking at alternatives for next year.

We already knew that the same itinerary is not shown in Fred's future cruises, so I told my friend to choose something that appeals to her.

She suggested a cruise sailing from Southampton (neither of us want to fly) in April 2021. It's a Greek Isand cruise via the Corinth Canal, which appealed to me too.

Since this Pandemic began, we both said that we would only book a balcony cabin in the future for fear of being stuck in a cabin without outside space for any reason.

I phoned my agent yesterday to check availability on our chosen cruise. When he looked it up for me, I could hear that he was shocked at what he saw. There was one balcony left and the price was £11,799 pp!

Now given that the cruise is for 25 nights and my maths is correct, that works out to £466 pppn.

I realise of course, that if we wait until Fred cancel our September cruise, they will no doubt offer 125% credit to wards a future cruise. By then of course, the Corinth canal cruise will probably be sold out even at that price.

Oh well, back to the drawing board because both my friend and myself are not prepared to pay that much for a standard balcony cabin.

Would you?
    I looked at that cruise well before the virus hit. It was stupidly expensive even then, although I was looking at the solo price.
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you